Review of Ruth Adventures; Life on the Farm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of Ruth Adventures; Life on the Farm

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ruth Adventures; Life on the Farm" by Nancy Youngdahl.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life in the countryside carries its charms, as does life in the city. What is typical for life on a farm is certainly working in the fields, caring for animals, but also enjoying nature and the charms that each season brings with it.

The Ruth Adventures: Life on the Farm by Nancy Youngdahl is a children's book that follows Ruth, who lives on a farm with her family. The book is written in the first person from Ruth's perspective. Ruth loves life on the farm, and she helps her father, mother, and brother with various chores every day. The book is full of illustrations showing all the activities Ruth and her family do on the farm, from driving a tractor and planting corn to feeding the animals and cleaning the barn.

The book is very charming, entertaining, and instructive. I like the way the author portrays life on the farm. Today, many children live in urban areas, and they are not aware of the beauty of living in the countryside. I think this book can give them a good picture of what it’s like to live in the countryside in nature and with animals. Also, I like Ruth’s desire and ambition to become a good farmer like her father. I like how this book shows how curious children are and how they always want to do everything and help everyone.

There is nothing in the book that I did not like. I enjoyed everything from the story to the illustrations that remind me of those illustrations in picture books I read as a child. In addition, I did not come across any errors in the book, and it seems that the book is exceptionally well edited.

All things considered, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I have no complaints, so it deserves a perfect rating. I would recommend it primarily to parents of preschool children because I think that with the help of this book, they can perfectly convey to them what it is like to live on a farm. I would also recommend it to everyone else who loves picture books with a retro vibe.

Ruth Adventures; Life on the Farm
View: on Bookshelves
Poojitha Borra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poojitha-borra.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Poojitha Borra »

Nowadays, I don't think children understand what a farm looks like, let alone farm life. I consider myself quite lucky to have seen it in my hometown. The premise of the book is really nice. Great review!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

This is a wonderful attempt to expose today's children to farms, and most importantly, farm life! I highly appreciate this book as it strives to connect the newest generation to their roots.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

As a person, I love staying close to nature. It gives me unimaginable comfort. I love Ruth. Thanks for the review
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

This book looks wonderful and informative. It's really necessary to educate children about country side and farms. They need to appreciate how they get their food. Thanks for the nice review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This is a great attempt at exposing children to country life. The illustrations would properly guide them as they read. This is an entertaining story for children. Thank you for the review
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

It shows the very perspective of what children should do everyday. Great review
Poetic Justice
Beauty Kalu22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-segunjohn.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Beauty Kalu22 »

Wonderful and well detailed review. This book will be very useful to children. I think I'll get this for my younger ones.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

Thanks for a splendid review. I love this children's book. It seems to contain the right elements for children, and the storyline was perfectly constructed. Many children will definitely enjoy reading this. Kudos to the author for a job well done.
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

Excellent Children's story, and very beneficial to young ones. I admire the effort the author put into the creation of this. I love the review BTW, it was magnificent.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

The subtle hints left in the books that are educative and entertaining. I like the interactive nature of the book through illustrations. Thanks for the review
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

What a wonderful and well detailed review! Children will surely love to read this book as it is full of colourful illustrations.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

the subtly humorous and educational hints placed in the novels. I enjoy how the book's pictures make it interactive. I appreciate the review.
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Aleena Augustine »

This book seems like a delightful children's book, providing a vivid portrayal of farm life through the eyes of Ruth. The charming illustrations and the book's educational aspects make it a must read for children. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Return to “Children's Books”