Review of The Tales of Little Lady M

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of The Tales of Little Lady M

Post by Michelle Menezes »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Tales of Little Lady M" by Diego Di Mauro.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Tales of Little Lady M by Diego Di Mauro is a delightful children's fairytale book filled with magic and adventure. When Princess Misha is born, she is endowed with wonderful gifts like curiosity, wit, and a necklace that lights up and acts as a guide when needed. These gifts help her when she is stuck in difficult situations during her quests. Whether it is rescuing kidnapped children or helping a rabbit get back his teeth, every new experience teaches her important lessons. The kingdom considers her special and wise, so she is called “Little Lady M”.

I have loved fairytales since I was a kid, and even today, I enjoy different retellings. When I came across this book, the description grabbed my attention, and despite it being a children's book, I wanted to read it. I'm glad that I was not disappointed. The book has beautiful illustrations that match the scene, even though they're limited in number. The colors are eye-catching, and they will definitely attract the children's attention and encourage them to read.

The combination of prose and poetry adds variation to the story and keeps things interesting. The descriptions serve to enhance the imagination of the kids. The book emphasizes using one's imagination and dreaming in a positive way something adults have forgotten to do in their stressful lives. Apart from this, the story uses some difficult words like prodigious, comprehend, etc., that will help to improve the vocabulary, especially among kids whose first language is not English.

The book also tries to impart some important values like kindness, friendship, and caring for others. Each chapter has a different lesson and a message thereafter. For example, one of the stories points out that we shouldn't believe all the rumors we hear. Another one talks about how deceptive looks can be, and just because someone appears to be nice, doesn't mean they truly are. It also teaches kids not to be selfish and to learn patience.

There was nothing to dislike in the book. I think the ending could have been better since it felt a bit abrupt, but I won't be deducting any stars for it. It was well-written, and I did not find any errors, so I can say it is exceptionally well-edited. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars for the amazing plot combined with morals. I recommend it to children between 6-10 years of age. Younger kids can have an adult read it out loud to them. Adults who enjoy reading children's books can also give it a try.

The Tales of Little Lady M
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think it's interesting that the author combined prose and poetry in a children's book.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

This fairtytale will be great to teach children important values like kindness, friendship, caring and sharing. Your review is beautifully written. Thank you.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”