Review of Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Review of Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice" by AC Michael.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice: 12 Wintery Tales by AC Michael is the third book in the series. Just like the other two, we see Mister Pushkin get up to no good. This time, Christmas is approaching fast and Mister Pushkin and his family are getting ready for it. However, just like the other two books, Mister Pushkin seems to get in the way and causes things to go out of plan. In this book, Mister Pushkin ruins their chance of having chicken for Christmas, he becomes the face of a company, and he joins the cat show again. Will he finally win the competition?

I liked that this book followed a similar format to the other two, yet it was still different. The author came up with the craziest, funniest stories that have you laughing for ages. My favourite part was when Mister Pushkin fell onto the frozen lake and he was struggling to get out. I enjoyed this story the most because we got to see a softer side of Mister Pushkin. Despite having a huge grudge against drakes, he decided to be a hero and save one from getting hurt.

The author's characters are fun and unique; even the ‘mean’ characters are likeable. I really liked that we got more scenes with Emma in this book because her character balances out Klem perfectly. I think Emma and Mister Pushkin are also a great duo, as they both are mischievous and witty. Another character I really liked was Bruce; he is the complete opposite of Mister Pushkin. I hope that we get to see more of Bruce in the next book.

There is nothing that I disliked about this book. The author’s writing style made it easy to read, so children won’t have any difficulties reading. This book continues from the previous one, but it can be read as a standalone despite this. Each of the 12 tales is a different story, so a child could read one a day.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it truly deserves this. I am looking forward to reading book 4 in the series. I didn’t find any mistakes, so it is professionally edited. If you’re looking for a cat story to make you laugh, give this book a go. This book is suitable for children aged 7-13. I think this book makes a perfect bedtime story for children.

Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by MoeBrown »

I've been looking for kids series and this sounds like it would be really good. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”