Review of Brody the Lion

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Brody the Lion

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Brody the Lion" by Dr. Kristin Wegner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Brody the Lion by Dr. Kristin Wegner is a fictional story that aims to motivate and encourage children to accomplish their dreams. The writer’s style is informal, simple, and direct.

The author begins by introducing the main character, Brody the Lion. Brody is stressed before his first day of school, and he does not want to get dressed to go to school. He decides he can do it, and he eats breakfast and prepares his backpack to go to school. Brody gets to ABC school, where he is excited, and he begins playing wildly in the school playground. Brody meets his teacher, Dr. K Kangaroo, who takes him inside to meet his classmates. Brody is very happy to get to know new animals with so many different characteristics. For example, he meets Sammy is a sloth with ASD, and Ivy is a butterfly with Down Syndrome.

There were several features that I found pleasing in the text. For one, the book was exceptionally edited since I found no grammatical or spelling mistakes in it. Furthermore, the author paired the text with beautiful illustrations in the background, which added excitement and liveliness to the story. Moreover, I liked the fact that the author used rhyming words throughout the text, as this will grasp young readers’ attention and make the story more enjoyable. What I liked most about this book was that the author passed on a message of inclusion, encouragement, and love through the story, which can inspire young children to become better individuals. There was nothing I disliked in this book.

This book will be liked mostly by kids who like stories about animals. Children who are shy or are suffering from some disorder may find this book encouraging. Teachers and parents can use this book as a learning tool for their pupils or children.

All in all, I rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars. This is because it was professionally edited, beautifully illustrated, exciting, and encouraging.

Brody the Lion
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
sunny4life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunny4life.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by sunny4life »

Nice review, my little one and I will give this a read.
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

As a lover of children's books, I'm pleased that the characters in this one include different animals. Hence, children will enjoy learning about the different creatures.
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

It warms my heart to read about a story that includes all types of people! I teach special education and the literature including children with disabilities is sorely lacking. I’m glad this book encourages friendships and acceptance of all people.
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

The first thing my mind screamed while reading this review was 'How cute!'. Haha! Seems like I would read this after completing some crime novel for mind clearing. Kidding. Thank you for such a good review! :D
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

Such a cute read! Perfect for small children. I will have to get this book for my baby nephew (shown in my profile picture on this site) he is only 2 and is already becoming a little bookworm! Thank you for such a great review!
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

Looks like a great children's book. Nice review.
Babielyn Alima
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Babielyn Alima »

I love the cover of this book and love to read this to my son to inspire to him about school.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

Everything about this book is catchy, including the cover page. I guess I will be reading it soon. Thanks!
Novela book
Favorite Book: Chameleons
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novela-book.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Novela book »

That's a impressive book for children which includes so much about animals and also their characteristics. I really liked how the author described the animal's traits with medical conditions. Thanks for the great review.
Edr
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edr.html
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
fav_author_id: 2366

Post by Edr »

The best gift for a child is a book. This looks like a great choice. Nice cover, fascinating story and great review.
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
Jydel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading: Diary of a wimpy kid
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jydel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Jydel »

It sounds interesting and looks like a book that pre-school kids will like, especially, those who are soon starting school.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

This is a fictional story that aims to motivate and encourage children to accomplish their dreams. I need to nothing further; your rating and what this book seems to be about makes me believe it is a must read for children and adults as well. Nice review.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

As someone who loves children books, I will definitely enjoy reading this book. A book with many animal characters and that too, with the aim of motivating children in accomplishing their dreams. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Children's Books”