Official Review: The Big City Dance (children's picture b...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Re: Official Review: The Big City Dance (children's picture b...

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I love a good children's book, especially when the author incorporates teachable moments in fun ways. Moo Doodle sounds like quite the character too; a dreamer and doer that isn't afraid to wander and try new things - a great combination. I must say, you write brilliantly well, thanks for the recommendation.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Michelle Fred wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 06:27 I love a good children's book, especially when the author incorporates teachable moments in fun ways. Moo Doodle sounds like quite the character too; a dreamer and doer that isn't afraid to wander and try new things - a great combination. I must say, you write brilliantly well, thanks for the recommendation.
Aww, well thanks for the super sweet words of feedback and support! I, too, love a children’s book that features a story centered around a determined dreamer. And while Moe may be small, he’s one mighty mouse! 🐀
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

Seems like a very attractive and interesting book. Children just have to fall in love with this piece. Thanks for a detailed review.
AvidBibliophile

Kike17 wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 17:52 Seems like a very attractive and interesting book. Children just have to fall in love with this piece. Thanks for a detailed review.
It was definitely a well-told story about a fashionable mouse with a big dream! I’d recommend it to kids everywhere. Thank you for coming by to check it out!
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

This tale sounds very familiar. It's so natural to want to experience something different as well as to seek distraction rather than turn back to something we once left behind, whether it's because it might mean we were wrong or we just can't see ourselves engaging in it again. The illustration sounds fantastic! Thanks for your review.
AvidBibliophile

Jagiine wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 23:22 This tale sounds very familiar. It's so natural to want to experience something different as well as to seek distraction rather than turn back to something we once left behind, whether it's because it might mean we were wrong or we just can't see ourselves engaging in it again. The illustration sounds fantastic! Thanks for your review.
Most definitely and you make several excellent points! Even though the bustling big city challenged Moe with a lot of unknowns, he still preferred facing those uncertainties (over returning to the small and limited existence he knew before). And the illustrations were so whimsical and grand! It was a super cute book, so thank you for checking it out. 🐭
PeterRabitt20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I think I would love reading this book. The rhymes, the drawing (coca-cola campfires), the vocabulary would make it a great bedtime story. Thank you for your wonderful review!
AvidBibliophile

PeterRabitt20 wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 09:12 I think I would love reading this book. The rhymes, the drawing (coca-cola campfires), the vocabulary would make it a great bedtime story. Thank you for your wonderful review!
The illustrations were so creative and detailed, and the little mouse was beyond confident and determined! It was a darling children’s book that I’d highly recommend. Thank you for stopping by to read and comment! 🐁
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I must confess, I love rodents... :D I would read such an amazing and educational story myself! Thank you for this wonderful review!
AvidBibliophile

Ellylion wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 06:48 I must confess, I love rodents... :D I would read such an amazing and educational story myself! Thank you for this wonderful review!
So... I totally love rodents too!! They have the tiniest little hands, and they’re much smarter and more inquisitive than most people give them credit for. 🐀 In this book, Moe Doodle is definitely a top-notch specimen, and he encourages readers to approach the big, wide world with confidence! Thank you for scurrying by to check this one out. 🐁
Rohini Dharmendra
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rohini Dharmendra »

Thank you for Wonderful story for kids it's really amazing words are very helpful. for children to learn and use in sentence :) :)
AvidBibliophile

Rohini Dharmendra wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 08:05 Thank you for Wonderful story for kids it's really amazing words are very helpful. for children to learn and use in sentence :) :)
Aww, well thank you so much for the sweet comment of support! Children will love this little dancing mouse book. 💙
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

This lovely book reminds me of Ratatouille but with more dancing instead of just cooking.
I wish there's a cover so we can see how the characters look like.
Thank you for writing an enthusiastic review!
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
AvidBibliophile

Dzejn_Crvena wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 06:03 This lovely book reminds me of Ratatouille but with more dancing instead of just cooking.
I wish there's a cover so we can see how the characters look like.
Thank you for writing an enthusiastic review!
I loved that culinary rat film! And since cooking and dancing often go together, this creative title would make an excellent companion piece to Ratatouille. Oh and there is an available cover. Just click ➡️ View: on Bookshelves ⬅️ at the bottom of my review. I don’t know why the cover art didn’t show up as an imbedded thumbnail image like it should have, but it’s super cute!
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

Wow! A story about a country mouse moving to the city to take dance lessons? Sign me up! This sounds like an adorable and fun story for kids and adults who are in-touch with their inner child. You made a great suggestion to make salsa while learning the salsa dance!

Thank you so much for such an entertaining review! 🐀🐾💃🏻🕺🏾😃
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann

Return to “Children's Books”