Review by JonesLeeh -- Shadow's Adventure Home

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review by JonesLeeh -- Shadow's Adventure Home

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Shadow's Adventure Home" by Kathy Kovar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Shadow’s Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar is a tale about a cat named Shadow who enjoys viewing birds from the window of his house. He wishes his human family could allow him to go outside and catch one of the birds. He and his family live in the city, but the family decides to move to a bigger house that has sufficient space for shadow to play.

One day, the door is left open, and Shadow runs outside to chase after a bird. However, he chases the bird distant away from his house. Having lived for a short time in this new area, he forgets his way back. His family back home is worried sick about him. Pet lovers will enjoy this one.

Oh, boy! Isn’t Shadow cute! A picture of him included in the book had me staring at my screen in admiration. This is what I loved most about the book. Kathy managed to evoke both happy and sad feelings in me. Shadow is adorable; however, when he is stranded on his way back home, I felt sad, really sad. What will he eat? Where will he sleep? These are some of the questions that kept striking in my head. This tale will resonate with a person whose pet might have gotten lost before.

The length of the book, language, and stylistic devices employed make the volume suitable for the genre it is categorized. The cover page strikes a reader’s attention, making it clear that the book has something to do with cats and other animals. Therefore, I found the title material to the tale.

This book is exceptionally well edited, as I did not detect a single grammatical error. This tale is a good bedtime story for young children. I did not discover anything to dislike about the book; consequently, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to kids between the ages of 4 and 9 years.

Shadow's Adventure Home
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”