Official Review: Delilah & Samson Adventures World

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Official Review: Delilah & Samson Adventures World

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Delilah & Samson Adventures World" by Miz Marta.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Animals are essential to our existence. They were meant to co-exist with humans and not be bullied by them. However, this is the opposite of what we experience in our contemporary times.

In Delilah & Samson: Adventure World by Miz Marta, we were told of two animal heroes who decided to protect the interests of animals. Delilah and Samson are two good friends, and they are very fond of each other. Delilah was a young girl who started nurturing the desire to protect and care for animals worldwide. She didn't like the way some humans treated animals. Her friend, Samson, will assist her in this mission to deliver most animals from the harsh treatments of humans. Did they succeed on their mission?

This children's book is a compendium of information and valuable lessons for children. My initial impression of the book's title was that of the biblical story of Samson and Delilah.

There are many positive things about this book. Firstly, each chapter was an adventure story of how they rescued a particular animal. Hence, the chapters came with a historical background of that animal. There was a lot of information about some animals that children and adults do not know. For example, most people don't know that "a baby cow is called a calf while an adult male is known as a bull."

Another nice feature of this novel is that it had some elements of suspense. I wanted to know whether Samson, Delilah, and their furry friends succeeded in their missions since they were fighting against stronger forces than them. This story went on to explain how animals were united. Most of them were used for gains, killed, which was one of the issues this novel tried to address.

However, this book is not without negative aspects. One of the things I considered negative was that it was too lengthy. Children's books ought to be lesser in pages. Likewise, the story could have been illustrated with more drawings, as children are primarily visual learners.

Also, this book appears to lack thorough editing, as there were several visible errors I found. I earnestly recommend another round of editing on this exciting book. It does not seem to be edited professionally.

Consequently, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to children who love animals and stories about them. I also recommend it to adults who want to know more about the history of these animals.

Delilah & Samson Adventures World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

My mind was also drawn to the biblical story of samson and delilah and i was therefore expecting a story with a biblical theme but this is much better. I support the author that animals require much more better treatment than what people make them go through. It is good for this story to be read by the young generation to impact the required skills.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

The title of the book certainly does draw readers in for an unexpected type of story. The cover artwork is also quite colorful and intriguing. I would be very curious to find out how Delilah and Samson save animals.

Thank you for a wonderful review.
:tiphat: 😄
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

A clear and candid review. I would love to check it myself.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like an encouraging story for kids to read. Hopefully they’ll understand they can do so much, even if they’re fighting against forces that are stronger than them, as you say. Thanks for the great review
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

I like that the author advocates for treating animals compassionately. I would also have assumed that the book is based on the biblical Samson and Delilah. Thank you for writing this review!
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

I'd love to find out if Delilah and Samson succeeded in their mission. Great review.

Return to “Children's Books”