Official Review: If Not You Then Who

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Official Review: If Not You Then Who

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "If Not You Then Who" by David and Emberli Pridham.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Not You Then Who? by David and Emberli Pridham is a series of three children's books: The Inventor in the Pink Pajamas, which focuses on the authors' daughter, Brooke, Noah's Treehouse, which focuses on their son, Noah, and Let the Games Begin, which explores the theme of the series through their family. The books highlight the fact that anyone, regardless of age or gender, can become an inventor, thereby helping to make the world a better place.

We follow Brooke's curiosity in The Inventor in the Pink Pajamas as she wonders how she can become an inventor and prepares for her presentation at school on Jacques Cousteau, an underwater inventor. We then follow Noah on his mission to build his treehouse before a meteor shower amidst difficult challenges. Finally, We follow the family through different fun games they play, from tennis to golf, and there is also the creative invention of a new game.

The series is a very educational and inspirational read. It will not just benefit children but also adults. While the central theme revolves around inculcating the mindset that you should always think of ways to make the world better, and you can create anything, the authors have presented a masterclass by also including lessons on popular inventions that we can find all around us and their inventors. These lessons were added creatively too, for example, Brooke walking to school and crossing the sidewalk presented the perfect opportunity for the authors to dive into the invention of crosswalks and traffic signs and the problems they solved. We encounter numerous other similar circumstances, and this was my favorite aspect of the book, as I got to learn a lot.

At the center of everything, the authors constantly remind us of the importance of having fun, even while learning. I'm sure that readers will thoroughly enjoy the third book and the new game that was invented out of fun. The book is also heavy on colorful illustrations by Anyu Rouaux and Nadia Ronquillo. These eye-catching illustrations brought life to the story, showing all the characters, activities, and inventions.

Furthermore, the books are exceptionally well edited, as I did not find any errors while reading. The only thing that concerned me about the series was that the pages were a bit wordy, but it was a necessary feature since the book is educational. Besides that, I cannot think of anything to dislike about If Not You Then Who? by David and Emberli Pridham; therefore, it deserves a rating of four out of four stars. Children between the ages of five and ten will benefit greatly from this series. Like I mentioned earlier, adults will learn a few things as well.

If Not You Then Who
View: on Bookshelves
Kiara Mae Gutlay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiara-mae-gutlay.html
Latest Review: Street Sweeper by Paul Drewitt

Post by Kiara Mae Gutlay »

This a nice review! as I pondered this review I realized that the book is education and at the same time fun to read. It is good to know that this book is good for any readers regardless of age.
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

The book seems to be interesting and a good prospect that one must have fun while learning. Thanks for the detailed review. I am planning to read it soon.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I love the idea behind this! Children should be inspired to constantly learn, but it’ll only happen if they enjoy it. Thanks for the great review!
Ezaznisar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ezaznisar »

The book seems to be interesting & a good prospects I realized that book is education & at the same time fun, enjoy to read this book is also heavy on colorful illustration.

Return to “Children's Books”