Review by Mwatu -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Review by Mwatu -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Mwatu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Grandma is a child’s book by Ann Morris sharing her experience, the first few years after her granddaughters’ are born. She would spend time with them baking, playing and having sleepovers. She speaks about her love for them, their love for her and their energy during play. The content is in rhyme form, which makes it enjoyable to read. Ann had David Gnass help out with the illustrations. The book has vibrant drawings on each page of Ann and her two granddaughters, Payton and Haley. It is a quick, fun read as it is 20 pages long.

I liked the simplicity of the book. Each page has a few sentences and captivating illustrations. These make it engaging and easy to read. The pictures enhance the assimilation of the content in the sentences. When she writes about her granddaughters hugging her, I saw through the drawing the differences in Haley’s and Payton’s hugs. The book is a good reminder of my relationship with my grandmother and serves as a reminder to children and adults alike of the love they have around them. This love can be from grandparents or otherwise. It is possible to replicate the activities she engages in with her granddaughters in other healthy child-adult relationships.

I found at some points, the rhythm of the rhymes changed suddenly, throwing off my flow a bit. However, this was not much of an inconvenience for me. There was nothing else to dislike about this book.

I detected no errors; proof that Ann had the book professionally edited. I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 4. It is an enjoyable read, and Ann’s love for her granddaughters shines throughout.

I recommend this book to young children aged three to ten, parents, teachers and other childcare givers. It is a fantastic way for young children to remember the love they have around them. Adults, too, would enjoy this as it is a short heart-warming read.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

This seems like a beautiful story. I enjoyed reading your review, a great honest and well-written work!
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

Marcel Cantu wrote: 04 May 2021, 08:07 This seems like a beautiful story. I enjoyed reading your review, a great honest and well-written work!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”