Official Review: If Grandma Were Here by Amber Bradbury

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: If Grandma Were Here by Amber Bradbury
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: If Grandma Were Here by Amber Bradbury

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "If Grandma Were Here" by Amber Bradbury.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Grandma Were Here A Book of Memories is a delightful children’s book written by Amber L. Bradbury. As the title suggests this is a book about children who are missing their grandma and are thinking about all the fun things they would have done together.

This book narrates all the wonderful things that grandmothers do for their grandchildren. They take them to classes, museums, and picnics. They play fun games with the children and teach them good habits and manners. Grandmothers spend quality time with their grandchildren which is crucial and essential in their upbringing. They also help their children by sharing the task of looking after their grandchildren. Grandmothers can understand children better than parents as they have the patience to sit down with them and hear them. It is truly a blessing to have a grandparent in our life while growing up.

What I liked the most about this book is that it encourages children to love and respect their grandparents. It talks about the significance and value of having grandparents in our lives. The relationship between grandparents and their grandchildren is pristine and irreplaceable. Often parents are busy with work, and so grandparents give children all the love and time they need so that they feel loved and nurtured. The circle of life is celebrated in the book.

There is nothing that I dislike about this book. It is a perfect children’s book with bright and beautiful illustrations and a lovely message. The poem "From Dusk through Dawn" at the end is beautiful and emotional and a great way to finish the book. I was filled with nostalgia after reading this book.

This book is well-written and professionally edited. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to children of ages 4-8years. It can also be read aloud to younger children. This book is a perfect addition to all schools and libraries.

If Grandma Were Here
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble | on iTunes
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade

Post by Kavita Shah »

Grandparents are the best, they're cool and patient. I love the book's cover, it's a blue of memories. Thanks for the Great review! This book sounds wonderful.
KristyKhem
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading: Uncle Hen's Gumboots
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: More of Us to the West by Trinity Dunn

Post by KristyKhem »

I think your review will surely encourage people to buy this book for their kids. The bond between a child and his/her grandma is indeed a special one.
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading: Come Fly the World
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover-becca.html
Latest Review: Fostering Energy by Kyle Pleasant LMT

Post by Booklover Becca »

This is so cute! The relationship between a grandparent and a grandkid is one of a kind. Thanks for the great review!
Suzer6440 xyz
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: Pearl River Mansion by Richard Schwartz

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

What a fantastic review..... The bond a child has ( at least in my family) with their grandparents is so strong. It's so important to share memories.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by markodim721 »

A very interesting topic and an unusual approach. Thanks for the great review.
MsH2k
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading: Oh No! They’re Here!
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Vacuuming is Just Indoor Mowing by Eric Brunson

Post by MsH2k »

Some of my most precious memories of my mom were times she spent with my children. She would have loved reading this book to them! Thank you for a great review.
"Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."
Judy Garland
Fireside119
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Reflections of an Anxious African American Dad by Eric L. Heard

Post by Fireside119 »

A lovely book that uses engaging storytelling and colorful illustrations to instill strong family values in children. I will definitely add it to my shelf.

Return to “Children's Books”