Official Review: Polka Dot Baby by Karen Lee Cawley

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Official Review: Polka Dot Baby by Karen Lee Cawley

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Polka Dot Baby" by Karen Lee Cawley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Polka Dot Baby is a children's book written by Karen Lee Cawley. It utilizes simple sentences to appeal to young children. The story follows Polka Dot Baby as she gets ready for the day. The author uses colors, objects, and rhymes to keep the attention of a young child.

Polka Dot Baby enjoys her polka dots. She goes through all the colors in her room as she gets ready to go play outside. She finds a colorful outfit to wear and enjoys throwing polka dots everywhere. She makes her room into a bright and cheerful place with all of her polka dots.

Polka Dot Baby would be suitable for children under the age of five. Parents will enjoy reading this book to their young children. Children will also be able to use this book as a way to learn how to read. The book wouldn't be appropriate for older children as it would be below their reading skill level.

I enjoyed this children's book. It is simple enough to keep a young child's attention and silly enough to make them enjoy it. I liked how the words flow. I liked how the author makes the book whimsical by including rhyming patterns. Children can easily follow along with the book as a parent reads it to them. The simple sentences also make it a great book for those starting to learn to read. I really didn't find anything to dislike about this book. I found it to be well-written. I believe children and their parents will find it fun to read.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to be professionally edited. There are no errors of any kind. I found the book to be entertaining and one a child would find amusing as well. The author does a great job at grabbing a child's attention and keeping it through the story. It's simple, yet fun. I would enjoy reading this book to my children and would recommend to other parents to do the same. Overall, this is an excellent children's book.

Polka Dot Baby
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Polka dots is a colorful story book. And sounds pretty polka good. Thank you for the review!
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

This sounds like a lovely children's book that I'm sure many will enjoy. Great review.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

What a cute story! I love the cover design of this book. I wonder if the polka dots are colorful - if so, then perhaps kids can learn about colors. Thanks for your review.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Such a cute idea for kids! I love the colors and the cheerful attitude. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Children's Books”