Official Review: Chase Found Grit by Jeanne Evelyn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Re: Official Review: Chase Found Grit by Jeanne Evelyn

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

Kids as well as adults that have had to adjust to homeschool can relate to this wonderful story. The pandemic has caused a major shift in learning and working, and finding motivation has not been easy. A very timely book. Thank you for an enjoyable review.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

I was starting to get very tired of these endless lockdowns and a bit concerned about how well I'd do with classes being online. This book seems like a great way to start a new academic year.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

This aptly timed children's book sounds perfect for encouraging children during this difficult and topsy-turvy time. Finding the motivation to do school online when you are used to going to physical school and seeing your friends and teachers is not easy. I am impressed that there is so much character development in such a short book. Thanks for the thorough review!
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
Kaushalendra T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Kaushalendra T »

I just felt the vibe of the book, the way you reviewed it that's commendable. I felt the treat you have to while reading. I must say this is one of the most important for the kids , their parents and for the educators. Looking forward to enjoy this treat.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I loved the first few pages that I read. I love the whimsy cover. Plus your great review just adds to my enjoyment of what I read. I will be recommending this to my friends who have kids at home doing school.
Great job on your review!!
Tulika Padmane
Currently Reading: Emergence
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Tulika Padmane »

I haven't seen such a topic for books as long as i know. Even though I am a college student i think reading this book will be a happy experience. The current situation has made everyone miserable. I myself have been attending college from home for a year & half. This book may enlighten my thoughts & uplift my mood. Seems like the a quick read .Sure it can give me some insights. Thank u so much for the review. I am really glad to come across this book. :)
Ts23
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Ts23 »

The pandemic has made it very hard for students in every aspect .The author focuses on current situation and how the kid overcame the situation and find motivation face the challenges posed to him.
monicamu
Currently Reading: Wings Over Ghost Creek
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monicamu.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by monicamu »

This delightful little book would benefit just about everyone. We've all been through a tough year, though some more so than others. This is a reminder to dig deep and carry on. We can get through this.
tracy1888
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tracy1888 »

This inspirational book relates with me because during COVID-19 crisis,we asked to learn via online and it was so hard for me to adjust to the programme.
Kebble
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebble.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Kebble »

I enjoyed reading this review and i think i would most certainly enjoy reading the book as i can relate to most of the underlying themes. Thank you for sharing.
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

The book sounds appropriate at this time during the pandemic. It is suitable for children and it's educative.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

I love books that aim to teach kids 1 more thing that they don’t learn in school because it takes a Keen eye to even identify the lack of education in something and then a sharp kind to mitigate that lack of education through books

A job well done!!
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

This is undoubtedly a timely book for kids. During the pandemic, it wasn't easy to find life and utilize time. But I feel this book is worth giving a try by a kid.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Post by Praise GodWord »

The importance of going to school is that you will get to meet your friends and interact with people. But I believe this book will teach kids balance.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

This sounds like an appropriate and educative insight to young readers' academic progress. I loved the cover page and the lessons portrayed by it. I will love to read this book. Nice review.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Return to “Children's Books”