Review by justhereader -- Please Don't Tell Cooper He's ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
justhereader
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justhereader.html
Latest Review: Geo by Topher Allen

Review by justhereader -- Please Don't Tell Cooper He's ...

Post by justhereader »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog" by Michelle Lander Feinberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cooper is a dog who does not know how to act like one. He dines with the family, watches ballet with the children, and sleeps on the couch. When the human family found him in a shelter, they treated him like their sixth child. Michelle Lander Feinberg’s Please Don’t Tell Cooper He’s A Dog is a hilarious fictional adventure for young pet lovers!

The illustrations stood out in this book. I enjoyed seeing characters with animated movements and expressive faces. Anna Mosca did a great job, as she captured the family’s joyful bonding moments in vivid watercolor illustrations. Cooper’s silly human-like behaviors will put a smile on a child’s face. Cooper’s quick trip all over Europe will allow a young imagination to visit museums in Spain, eat croissants in Paris, and shop in Milan. Children will relish the rhyming texts, especially when they read the words aloud. Plus, the editing quality is excellent. The narrative uses simple grammar that beginners can easily follow.

The story is a demonstration of how a dog can be a pleasant addition to the family. It talks about the significance of pet adoption and how it will not only change the dog’s life once we save them but ours too. In the story, Cooper’s human family embraced him like one of their own. In return, Cooper filled their lives with adventure and excitement, and it exuded from all the 30 pages!

There is nothing I dislike about this simple, charming book. I heartily rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for delivering a funny tale with a lovely message. I also loved those big, colorful pictures that gave life to the story.

Cooper’s narrative will entertain readers between the ages of three and eight. Children above that age bracket might not appreciate the simplicity of the story. Young children would enjoy having it read aloud to them. This book can also assist teachers and parents in teaching young minds how to read English.

Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Upeksha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upeksha.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Upeksha »

Sounds like an entertaining reading for small kids, and this book will definitely teach them on how to treat kindly to animals.
Thanks for the great review!
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Poe Consequence by Keith Steinbaum

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

This seems like a funny book that my niece and nephew would enjoy reading. Great review!
MsH2k
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading: Leaving Large
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Simple Pleasures by Shirley L. Porter

Post by MsH2k »

The sixth child in the family is also the biggest! This seems like a great book for dog lovers. :animals-dog: Thank you for a wonderful review!
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
justhereader
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justhereader.html

Post by justhereader »

Upeksha wrote: ↑18 Feb 2021, 13:28 Sounds like an entertaining reading for small kids, and this book will definitely teach them on how to treat kindly to animals.
Thanks for the great review!
I agree! Thanks for your comment.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: Ruby Roy and the Murder in the Falls by Rima Ray
2022 Reading Goal: 55
2022 Goal Completion: 32%

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

This book seems to be getting popular, and for good reason. I read it and was curious as to what others thought about it. I'm glad you liked it as well. The Paris and croissant scene was hilarious! Thanks for your review. :tiphat:
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson
2022 Reading Goal: 90
2022 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Entertaining and educational, indeed! I fully agree with everything you said. Lovely review!
Manali_DC
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Manali_DC »

This sounds like a sweet and entertaining book for young children. Thanks for a great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”