Official Review: love my hair by A M Colman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Official Review: love my hair by A M Colman

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "love my hair" by A M Colman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love My Hair: Leah Discovers How Everyone is Different and Unique is a children’s book by A M Colman. Leah is a young girl who really loves her hair. All of Leah’s friends come from different backgrounds and have different cultures. As a result, they all have different types of hair. Leah goes through each of her friends and describes their hair in the book. The purpose of this book is to teach children to be comfortable in their own skin and understand that everyone is different.

What I liked about this book were the adorable illustrations that accompanied the text. The bright colours used in the illustrations really capture your attention and make you want to continue flipping the pages. You don’t even need the text to understand the story; the illustrations tell the story. This is great for young children because if they can’t read the text then they can just look at the pictures.

I also liked the author’s writing style; it’s simple and easy to read. This is important in children’s books because most children will attempt to read the book themselves. Also, the rhyming in the text makes the book more fun to read out loud.

The story contains fun characters that all children will love. I love how there is so much diversity contained in the book. It’s important that children learn that people come from different backgrounds and that everyone is unique in their own way. With that being said, this book is very educational, as it will teach children many lessons. I think this is a perfect book for teachers to read to children in classrooms.

There was nothing that I disliked about the book. This was an enjoyable read. The illustrations are beautiful and the characters are engaging. Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it truly deserves this. I found no mistakes, so it was professionally edited. I highly recommend this book to children aged 3-7.

love my hair
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Post by Praise GodWord »

Leah's hair is quite beautiful on the book's cover. Children will definitely enjoy this one.
Manali Chaudhari
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Manali Chaudhari »

Oh wow that great lesson to teach our upbringing.i love the topic which is different and have important lesson too.
To be honest we can this is the need to teach equality to show all are same no matter with colours skin languages.yes and everyone is unique in there own way.
K-A-Y
Favorite Book: The Bride Test
Currently Reading: Walking Dead
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-a-y.html
Latest Review: The Finesser by Patrice Brown

Post by K-A-Y »

It's always a pleasure seeing books about image positivity especially for a younger audience.
Thank you for this lovely review, getting this for my neices now ASAP
Love & Light
K-A-Y 🧡
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I like that the strong message of loving yourself and how you look. I think maybe older kids and adults could benefit from the positive message. Thanks for your well-written review.
Naomi Kalia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Naomi Kalia »

I like the message of this book, kids need to know that they are all different and unique in their own way and this book is a great way for them to learn that lesson.

Return to “Children's Books”