Review by Readerjorge -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Review by Readerjorge -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Grandma is a picture book in a rhyming format about a grandmother's love for her granddaughters. Ann Morris presents this childish work as a collection of memories, among which sing, read books, bake cookies, and play hairdresser stand out. With this book, the author offers material for children that highlights the positive figure of the exemplary adult who interacts with the children they love.

Payton and Haley are the two girls who changed Grandma's life. All three are the main characters, although the girls' parents also appear. The narrative is in rhyming format from a third-person perspective. Plus, the book lacks dialogues as it focuses on descriptions.

The book features beautiful illustrations by David Gnass that capture moments and feelings in an impressive manner. In addition, Gnass predominantly uses pastel colors which are pleasant and eye-catching for children. Some images include activities and games that Grandma plays with her granddaughters. Those are adequately represented, in such a way that they can stimulate and give ideas to both children and adults on how to hang out in a fun way.

What I liked the most was the encouraging message that the book conveyed to value every moment to enjoy with loved ones. I was equally pleased by the moving insight of Grandma, who considers it a blessing to be a part of these girls' lives. Moreover, this book contains enriching contributions as it serves as a guide for adults who become grandparents or for others who have to interact with children. There was nothing I disliked about this book.

The editing was outstanding since I didn't encounter any details to comment on. Based on the aforementioned, I give this book a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it for children under the age of ten. I think it would also be appropriate for parents, grandparents, and all those who appreciate warm family relationships and appeal readings with messages of sincere love.

Love, Grandma

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Thank you for this lovely review! You pictured a warm book, full of love.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

I also loved this book, it really nice. Thanks for the great review
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”