Official Review: Billy Bam by T.A. Bruce

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Star
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: How to write your own check by Kelly Patrick Riggs

Official Review: Billy Bam by T.A. Bruce

Post by Faithy_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Billy Bam" by T.A. Bruce.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Billy Bam is a book that centers on two children, Billy and Kristine. Billy is a pupil at Peachtree school who appeared not to be friendly among his peers. However, this was prompted by a devastating childhood experience. Kristine, his classmate, is brave and friendly, and she is determined to become Billy’s friend.

As Kristine and Billy’s friendship thrived, Billy invited her to his house, and she honoured his invitation. Upon arrival at his apartment, Billy encouraged Kristine to join him in a boat attached to the top of a tree. Their stay in this boat facilitated the discovery of Billy’s magic, which aided them to fly on air. Furthermore, their adventurous moments in the sky was full of peace, fun, fear, and uncertainties.

There are so many lessons readers can adopt in this book, and they can enhance their lives greatly. The first is that cooperation and division of work between individuals can make them perform effectively and efficiently, thereby achieving their goals. This is evident in the book when Billy and Kristine agreed to play different roles to successfully escape from danger. Also, readers will recognize the importance of having good friends who can bring out the value in them. Lastly, they will understand the importance of accommodating others as one’s behavior is usually shaped by their experiences.

I loved the smart conversations between Billy and Kristine, and I believe readers could derive knowledge from them. As a lover of great relationships, what I loved most in this book is the friendship Kristine and Billy had, as it was filled with love and sacrifices with no one leeching on the other.

The book incorporates beautiful graphics, and this made the story more realistic. However, I came across these graphics before I could read the actual story surrounding it. This acted as a form of a spoiler, thereby ridding those parts of the story of any element of suspense. Unfortunately, this is what I disliked about this book, as I wasn’t thrilled about reading the remaining parts of the story. For this reason, I’m rating this book 3 out of 4 stars.

The book was professionally edited, as it contains only a few errors. Billy Bam by T.A. Bruce contains only an instance of minor profanity. On the other hand, I detected no erotic scene in it. This book will be appreciated by children, and I recommend it to them.

Billy Bam
View: on Bookshelves

Luluwa79
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Luluwa79 »

I love children's book and this is no exception. I would love to give it a try.
Thanks for the review.
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.

AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

Billy Bam has a nice ring to it. You wrote a lovely review.
Live and let live, baby.

Return to “Children's Books”