Official Review: The Little Wire Hanger In The Closet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
FaithMO19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmo19.html
Latest Review: The Extraordinary Thought From an Ordinary Mind by Demetrius Thigpen

Official Review: The Little Wire Hanger In The Closet

Post by FaithMO19 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Little Wire Hanger In The Closet" by Hope Syndreamz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Decades ago, hangers were steel rods made from a large spool of wire. In the face of modernization, things changed, amongst which was the way hangers were made. We now have hangers that are stronger and better than the old ones. The little wire hanger in the closet suffers neglect and bullying because it is different from the newer hangers. This story takes the reader through the sufferings of this wire hanger and how it chose to believe in itself despite the ill-treatment it received.

The Little Wire Hanger In The Closet is a children's book written by Hope Syndreamz and illustrated by Preston Skyler. Hope Syndreamz wrote this book to communicate to the world the dangers of bullying and how it affects the bullied child. She hopes this book ignites in people the courage to stand up to bullies every time.

Because of the maltreatment the little wire hanger received from other hangers, it lost its sense of value and sought a friend that would appreciate it for being different. This book teaches kids not to look down on themselves because they are different but to own their difference and stand up to bullies.

I commend the author for passing this important message across in simple words so the children can comprehend it. The illustrations also shed more light on this important topic and catch the reader's attention. My favorite thing about this book is the inclusion of information about the production of hangers back in the day. It helps readers appreciate how much we have developed.

I rate it 4 out of 4 stars because it is educative, informative, and encouraging. Since I did not notice errors, I can conclude it was professionally edited. There's nothing I dislike about it, so I recommend it to parents and teachers.

The Little Wire Hanger In The Closet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Michelle Fred
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-fred.html
Latest Review: Undaunted Valor, by Matt Jackson

Post by Michelle Fred »

I adore children's books that are informative and entertaining. The author's message is a sound and valuable one, and I think it applies to adults too, as anyone, regardless of their age can be a bully. That said, I wonder how the old and neglected hangers in my wardrobe feel, lonely and unwanted, I presume. Thanks for your brilliant review.

Bookworm101520
Currently Reading: Dead Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm101520.html
Latest Review: Crooked Creek: A Comedy about Writer's Block and a Neurotic Home Owners Association by Fredrick Robertson

Post by Bookworm101520 »

What an interesting metaphor for bullying! I always love a children's book with a strong message. Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Children's Books”