Review by Teele -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Review by Teele -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Teele »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever had a dependable pet with security skills? Such a pet would be a valuable possession. We find such impressive animals in Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R. F. Kristi. Reading about their escapades was quite entertaining.

Inca, Fromage, Cara, and Charlotte are cats of different breeds. They are owned by a human (Mom). Inca, the Queen of Kitties is the head of her detective team. Inca and her team have been able to solve several criminal cases. In this book, it was fun to observe how the detectives were able to uncover Enzo's plot and carry out a rescue mission in North Korea. I held my breath as the detectives tried to boycott security agents who are guarding the peninsula.

Overall, I was impressed by the writer's creativity. The descriptions in the narrative were vivid and captivating. For instance, the description of Inca's encounter with Bo-Mi was so real that I could imagine every sound and creak. The illustrations in this book were colorful and expressive. I especially loved the picture of Inca. Her expression truly reflected her character as depicted in the story.

There is no dull moment in this book. The narrative is written in simple and short sentences. There are no profanities in the text. Therefore, the book is suitable for young children. I look forward to reading other books in this series.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There was nothing I disliked about this book. It was awesome. The characters were properly developed, and the text had no grammatical and typographical errors. Also, there are moral lessons in this book. Children can learn about the value of being law-abiding. They can also learn that it pays to maintain peace with others. Children aged 5 to 9 years will find this book appealing.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Thank you for the lovely review! I would love to hire a cat detective :)
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

Imagine cat detectives and this book gives the total story. Couldn't imagine something less especially as the cover looked more detective like. I Hope my niecs loves this book because your review has convinced me it would be an excellent read for her.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”