Official Review: Ava Flips by Ava Nebel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gabrielletiemi
Currently Reading: História do Cerco de Lisboa
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielletiemi.html
Latest Review: After Midnight by A. Martin

Official Review: Ava Flips by Ava Nebel

Post by gabrielletiemi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ava Flips" by Ava Nebel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ava Flips is a short children’s book about a young girl who enjoys acrobatics and doing flips. The author is Ava Nebel, a seven-year-old child who loves drawing, dancing, and making performances, including flipping.

In this volume, colorful, lively, and charming pictures are illustrating the protagonist’s acrobatics in various parts of her house, such as her bedroom, the living room, and the yard. She practices flipping over chairs, over her dog, Dexter, and many other objects. Nebel also loves to dance, and just like her character in the narrative, she never gives up, even when she falls or gets hurt.

The aspect I appreciated the most in this volume was the writer’s style. Ava Nebel is very young, but she still created a story with all the aspects of an exceptional children’s book. It has rhythm, rhymes, and repetitions that catch kids’ interest. In addition to that, the phrases have big colorful fonts, and the novel is short, which can also help to keep the readers’ attention.

There is nothing I disliked in this publication. It’s well-written and professionally edited. However, parents must be aware of the risks for kids who don’t usually practice acrobatics since some of them might try to repeat Ava’s movements at home. Therefore, the responsible adult should inform the children that the character of the novel already trains gymnastics regularly, and the action of doing flips is difficult for beginners. Despite this, the book shows that if the kids have the determination, they will succeed for sure.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It’s the story of a happy girl who enjoys flipping everywhere and who doesn’t give up. I recommend it to all the young readers, especially to the ones who enjoy dances and acrobatics. I also recommend this novel to kids who are learning how to read and write since the sentences are simple to understand.

Ava Flips
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

This is a cute book 😁, especially because it was written by a seven-year-old. I think that's interesting.
A beautiful review you've written.
Live and let live, baby!

aaurba
2019 Reading Goal: 48
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: Of Zots and Xoodles
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaurba.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by aaurba »

I saw this book on my Select tab, but when I clicked on it the Review Team Page refreshed and it's already gone. It seems that you were the one who got it. Lucky you!

What I liked the most about your review is its conciseness. Great job!
don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade

Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like an absolutely fantastic book for kids :) Such a young author makes it really unique! Thanks for a great review!

Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: Marbles Eye of the Tiger by Myrna Doreen White

Post by Saint Bruno »

Seems like a lovely little book to recommend to the kids. Thanks for insightful review and recommendation.

Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

I like that it's coming from a young author. Nice review.

MsH2k
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading: Armless Hugs
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: All In Divine Order by Dr Monica Young Andrews

Post by MsH2k »

“The author is Ava Nebel, a seven-year-old child”
When I initially read that, I thought the story was about a seven-year-old (which it sounds like it is), not by a seven-year-old. This is fantastic! Thanks for introducing this young author’s book. Great review.
"Do not envy those who appear to be winning, because they may be winning at the wrong thing."
Last Words From Above (Jeremy Brown)

Moray_001
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Dear Black sUn by Bryanna Wade-Gardner

Post by Moray_001 »

This sounds like a fantastic book. I know a lot of young children who will appreciate this. It's important that you also mentioned the need to be careful so they don't hurt themselves trying to do acrobatics unsupervised.

Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nqobile771 »

You had me at "author is Ava Nebel, a seven-year-old". I am adding it to my bookshelf. Thanks for the review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Anafran
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anafran »

When I read,“The author is Ava Nebel, a seven-year-old child who loves drawing, dancing, and making performances, including flipping.” I thought this is a fun and relatable book to many children. This will get their attention. Your review is very informative and I enjoyed reading the caution part for children not engaging in unSupervised acrobatics.

Return to “Children's Books”