Review by Patrice Addison -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Patrice Addison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrice-addison.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Review by Patrice Addison -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Patrice Addison »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This review is based on the children’s book entitled Love, Grandma by Ann Morris. This book features the strong bond that the granddaughters share with their grandmother. It is a fun-loving story that describes the many cherished moments that they have together, including combing grandma’s hair.

I enjoyed reading this book for a myriad of reasons. It touched me emotionally because it mirrored the relationship that I had with my grandmother.

Love, Grandma by Ann Morris, appealed to my visual senses as the illustrations were colorful and vivid. Children reading it would be easily attracted to the rich colors and artistry.

The words were descriptive. They created an imagery in my mind. When a child listens to this story, he or she can simply imagine in detail exactly what is happening, without having to look at the pictures. It even makes you want to reenact the moments described.

This book can be best enjoyed as a bedtime story. Usually, children are afraid of going to sleep because they believe that monsters may appear in their bedroom. However, this book is a light piece of literature just before sleeping, which would conjure up happy thoughts and put children in a relaxed state of mind.

The use of the rhyming scheme throughout this book compels the reader to continue reading. It adds to the story by exuding a sing-along element. It is a creative style of writing.

Children between the ages of 5 to 8 can read this book. Additionally, their parents and grandparents can read it to them as a bedtime story. It would bring smiles to all their faces when they read and hear about the activities of the granddaughters and their grandmother.

This book appeared to be professionally edited as there were no spelling or grammatical errors. It made reading comprehensive.

I have no negative criticisms about this book, as it exceeded my expectations.

It is for those aforementioned reasons that I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”