Official Review: Neurology for Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannonkate8.html
Latest Review: Cardiology for Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed

Official Review: Neurology for Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed

Post by shannonkate8 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Neurology for Babies" by Dr. Haitham Ahmed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After reading Cardiology for Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed, I was excited to get the chance to read another book by him - Neurology for Babies.

Neurology for Babies introduces readers to the part of the body that makes all things go - the brain. The author informs readers that the brain, essentially, controls the body. Dr. Haitham Ahmed then identifies different parts of the brain like the cerebrum, the right side of the brain, and the left side of the brain. It even controls seemingly minute things such as talking and the five senses.

Understanding the brain and how it functions is difficult for adults and students. Having a book that breaks down the brain and explains it in an easy-to-understand way is fantastic. Kids truly have the opportunity to learn about the brain without being confused about all the little things that they learn later. Neurology was definitely simplified in this book. This ability to put complex ideas in layperson terms may be my favorite part of the book.

In addition, I quite liked the interactivity of the book. Kids often have a difficult time sitting still, and this book does well at getting kids moving while learning. For instance, when discussing how the left part of the brain controls the right side of the body, the author has readers move the right side of their body. They also do this for the other side. It will definitely help keep young readers engaged.

As I said with the last book, despite the title being Neurology for Babies, this book is better for preschool, kindergarten, and early elementary school-aged readers. Teachers can easily work this book into their lessons and know they are helping kids learn. I would highly recommend it to parents and teachers.

I honestly could not find anything I disliked about the book. I found no grammatical, spelling, or formatting errors, and the book was a fun, enjoyable read. Neurology for Babies was short, bright, and engaging, as I feel most children's books should be. As such, I have to give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Neurology for Babies
View: on Bookshelves
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Star_and_Buck »

The interactivity of the book and getting kids towards it is the best thing in the book. Nice review.

Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Magnify3 »

I like that there is an interactivity part in the book. Children can get to learn in a way many of us never did. Thanks for this review.

Patrick Maina1
Currently Reading: The Power of Habit
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-maina1.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering
Reading Device: Moonreader

Post by Patrick Maina1 »

'Understanding the brain and how it functions is difficult for adults and students.'
I agree with you and this is why such books go a long way. Great review.

Faithy_Star
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Culy Calhoun by E. Townsend

Post by Faithy_Star »

Nothing beats flowing along with a book due to the absence of errors. This book will definitely be an enlightening one.

Freshkidash21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Freshkidash21 »

Children can learn and adults. Such a good book

Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Joan642 »

Nice review. I believe this book will be really helpful to kids, so that they can familiarize themselves with little information on how their body works.

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Ada Ling »

Nice topic for children. Thank you for the nice review!

Christieee
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christieee.html
Latest Review: Secondary Break by marvin williams sr

Post by Christieee »

During my A level studies, we learnt how babies develop communication. It was such a fascinating topic for me that I’m sure that this one will be even more fascinating. I mean, the brain is never a dull topic to talk about. How much more the brain of a developing child?

dm1971
Currently Reading: Schmooze
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by dm1971 »

It seems that the title of this book is quite misleading, haha. This is not exactly for babies, but for preschoolers who can now read, write, and understand concepts that might be too complex for infants. Honestly, I kind of hoped that this book is already available when I was a child as I am very fascinated by this book.

Callme joan
Currently Reading: HO Tactics
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Callme joan »

I cannot wait to read this one. The fact that the author has the ability to explain complex ideas in layman's language, makes me want to read this book. Truth be told, understanding the brain and how it functions hasn't been easy for me yet I'm an adult.
Thank you for the great review.

Nelson Lyric
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-lyric.html
Latest Review: Genex of Halcyon by Joshua Stelling

Post by Nelson Lyric »

Wow, this is Amazing. A book that breaks down the brain. I Love the fact that the author related the book to kids. I believe this is a must read for parents raising kid(s). I would call this book a parental gift.

This review is awesome, despite being a glimpse of the book, it has covered quiet a lot of what to expect in the book. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”