Official Review: Cardiology for Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannonkate8.html
Latest Review: Weathering the Storm Together by Sid Korpi

Official Review: Cardiology for Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed

Post by shannonkate8 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cardiology for Babies" by Dr. Haitham Ahmed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cardiology for Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed introduces young readers to one of the most important muscles in the body - the heart. The author shows readers where the heart is and how it interacts with the body. Specifically, he helps readers identify the parts of the heart and how blood flows through it to allow people to run, jump, and play.

Despite the title being Cardiology for Babies, this book is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and early elementary school-aged readers. Sure, parents can definitely read this to their babies and get a head start on cardiology knowledge. However, it is the perfect book for school. It would fit perfectly in a lesson introducing science and the body. It would also be a great supplemental tool to use in lesson planning.

My favorite part of this book was how educational and interactive it was. The author made understanding the heart easy. Kids are sure to understand and find it interesting. The author also has kids breathe and then explains that this breath fills our blood with oxygen and helps the heart. It also tells readers to turn the book around to understand where the heart and its ventricles are in relation to your body.

The pages are also bright and colorful, not to mention the illustrations. Even the diagram of the heart was bright and, surprisingly, not overly detailed and confusing. The book is going to keep the attention of young readers. Parents and teachers don't have to worry about them getting distracted. In fact, kids may want to read it again!

Honestly, I do not have a single complaint. There was nothing I disliked about this book. I found no grammatical, spelling, or formatting errors. Cardiology for Babies was short and kid-friendly, as it should be. As such, I have to give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Cardiology for Babies
View: on Bookshelves
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nqobile771 »

I appreciate the author for having written the book for the little ones. It will sure give them a headstart and variety in their book shelves. I would love to add it to my toddler's bookshelf. Nice job on the review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Slater678
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slater678.html
Latest Review: On-the-Roof Gang by Matt Zullo

Post by Slater678 »

A great review. I like the subject that targets kids with such an important message on an organ in the human body.

Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Joan642 »

Children's book should not just be about fairytales and magic, it should be informative and educative too. The author really did a good job in writing this amazing book. Nice review.

Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

I commend the author for the ability to break such a complex topic as cardiology to a comprehensive bit for babies. The review is interesting.

Joseph_ngaruiya
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

I never thought it would be possible to have such a title and content for a children's book, but Dr. Ahmed made it simple and comprehensive.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

Return to “Children's Books”