Review by readsbyarun -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Review by readsbyarun -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a...

Post by readsbyarun »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi is the seventh episode of the Inca Detective series of books. Each book in the series form a separate story, and hence the reader doesn’t require to read the previous books in the series. The story in this episode is set on the lands of Sri Lanka where Inca and Co. had planned for a short vacation where they hear about the news of a valuable sword that has been stolen from the museum in Colombo. The adventure starts from here.

Apart from the adventures, the author has made profound efforts in bringing to light about the various knowledgable aspects of the country which includes, the country’s history, culture, religion, and its people. This helps children to gain knowledge apart from the story that is narrated through the book.

I really enjoyed reading this book, and the storyline is so simple and easy to understand. It is easy to understand for kids, and I am sure parents would appreciate the contents in the book. Apart from the geographical information about the country, I also appreciate author’s idea of indicating the life cycle of the turtle as the part of the story which is an attempt to spread general knowledge for children while they read this book.

The characters are so uniquely defined in the story which includes a cat, turtle, elephant, and a human mom. Each character defined in the story have unique characteristics, and the importance of their abilities are used to define how they solve the series of mysteries that are put forth in the story. The language is very lucid, and the story is contributed along with colourful illustrations that blend well with the story. These illustrations give a better meaning in the imagination of the various characters in the story. It is a relatively short book that can be read for children within a single sitting.

The book is professionally edited and I did not find any spelling or grammatical errors throughout the book. The illustrations and the storyline are put together to create this commendable work by the author, and the artists. I appreciate the idea of author in blending the story along with some of the knowledgable facts that the children are supposed to learn during their young age. I would honestly rate this book as 4 out of 4 stars, and I would recommend this for young kids between the age of 5 to 10 years.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”