Official Review: A Giant Below by Danny P. Anderson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nickolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Official Review: A Giant Below by Danny P. Anderson

Post by Nickolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Giant Below" by Danny P. Anderson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Giant Below by Danny P. Anderson is a children’s book about the importance of cooperation, teamwork, and acceptance. The author explores various themes through this illustrated novel, allowing young readers to think about the significance of helping others. Through his simple, casual, and vivid style, the writer engages children in the story.

The main character in this story is a young elephant, who is left alone in this world after his mother is killed by cruel poachers. Some ants see the baby elephant and feel sorry for him, thinking that he will be killed by the large cats of the area. So, the ants decide to dig a tunnel to hide the elephant from poachers, while they also work tirelessly to give his food. The baby elephant gradually grew, and he was safe inside the tunnel dug by the ants. One day, an anteater attacked the ants’ nest and the ants were in grave danger. How will the elephant help?

This story contained many characteristics of a successful children’s book. More precisely, the writer used effective linguistic techniques to create emotion and drama in the text, making this book engaging and interesting. Also, I like the logical and cohesive structure of the novel, which allows young readers to follow along with the simple storyline. This book was also professionally edited, as I encountered no errors in it. What I liked most about this book was that it was filled with wonderful illustrations, which added depth and vividness to the story. Therefore, there was nothing I disliked about this novel.

This book will be enjoyed more by readers in lower elementary school who like books about animals. Parents might also wish to read this book to their children as a bedtime story. Readers of all religions can appreciate this story.

To conclude, I offer this book a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. This is because it was impeccably edited, logically structured, and creatively illustrated.

A Giant Below
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Dayodiola
2019 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Dayodiola »

Teach them while they are, so they will grow with it or become it. Thanks for the review

LuciusM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luciusm.html
Latest Review: The Tales of Little Lady M by Diego Di Mauro

Post by LuciusM »

Its a very nice piece full of suspense after the ants are attacked. The cover will arouse interest in children. Well written review.

Intel
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intel.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Intel »

For a children's book, I was captivated by the review. It is good for all children to read but I think some adults should read it too. It's very inspiring.

Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kola-wole.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kola+wole »

The themes in the book are important in raising children that will make positive impact in the society. Good review.

AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: The Memoir Man by Frances Webb

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

Aww. This sounds like a really amazing book. I bet the elephant did the ants right!
Beautiful review.
Live and let live, baby!

ChelC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ChelC »

This book is something I'd love to read to my kids since, I am all for teaching them while they are young.

FEislandqueen13
2019 Reading Goal: 10
Currently Reading: The 19th Bladesman
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feislandqueen13.html
Latest Review: Doomsday by R. L. Gemmill

Post by FEislandqueen13 »

This is a great book; it has amazing illustrations and a timeless lesson to teach.
Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
:eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss

Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: Inheritance
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Valkyrie9 »

This sounds like a beautiful story with many important lessons for children to learn. I love how the ants saw the baby elephant's need and decide to help him without being asked, even though he is completely different to them. This is an invaluable lesson for children. Thanks for the thorough review.
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:

Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doziesixtus.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Doziesixtus »

This review is quite detailed. I wish the author didn't make it specifically children's book because adults still lack knowledge of teamwork.

Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

Seems like a food book with sound virtue to teach. Thanks for the review.

Deborah kalu
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: A Giant Below
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Deborah kalu »

The book sounds interesting hope the baby elephant won't disappoint the ants in return as the book is full of suspense.thanks for your good review👍

Return to “Children's Books”