Review by Alice Ngugi -- The Mountain and The Goat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review by Alice Ngugi -- The Mountain and The Goat

Post by Alice Ngugi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mountain and The Goat" by Siamak Taghaddos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos is a children's book that has the aim of teaching youngsters about entrepreneurship. The short read is written in a first-person perspective by the author. The persona comes out as an adventurer who has the luck of meeting a singing goat. The goat offers him some water and bread. The goat tells him to do as he wants, but that he should plan. The persona chooses to eat the bread and water the grass. It will eventually lead to him owning the ultimate dream of every child.

Siamak crafts the book in a poetic and prose manner. It is a vital aspect because this book targets young children. The author has written the book in a simple and easy to understand language. The illustrations take the better part of the book. I found that quite interesting because children will be able to see the pictures and relate what is happening throughout the book.

What I liked most about the book is the fact that it has broken down the principles of entrepreneurship to the children's level. In the first instance, the persona invests by sacrificing the water he is given to grow something he can use later. This sacrifice culminates in a worthy output at the end.

I did not find anything I did not like about this book. Given the fact that I found no errors, I believe that it was edited by a professional. I, therefore, rate the book 4 out of 4 stars

I recommend the book to young children who can read or understand when read to by an adult. It is an enthralling bedtime story because it is short and reminds the child about the importance of investment. I do not recommend it for children older than eight years. It seems best suited for children below that age. However, older children might enjoy it. Great book!

The Mountain and The Goat
View: on Bookshelves
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Wow! This is a great feat achieved by Siamak Taghaddos. Breaking down entrepreneurship and teaching it to children is a dream come true. This book is of great value. Good review!
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Alice Ngugi »

Olabode Joshua wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 11:37 Wow! This is a great feat achieved by Siamak Taghaddos. Breaking down entrepreneurship and teaching it to children is a dream come true. This book is of great value. Good review!
I felt the same too. Thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”