Review by cat noir -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cat noir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-noir.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Review by cat noir -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by cat noir »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Grandma by Ann Morris narrates the memories the author created with her granddaughters. She shares the moments she had with them through a series of activities they did together. Anyone reading could feel the happiness and love in those moments. In a day like today, parents rarely have time for their kids amid work and other issues. In a scenario like this, grandparents play a very important role by stepping in to take care of the kids. They ensure their grandchildren never lack love and care.

Reading this book took me back to the days when my sisters and I waited eagerly every night to hear the endless number of stories, our grandmother had to tell. The book spoke volumes about how the author felt towards her granddaughters with the simplest words. This book would help kids develop their vocabularies and even indulge themselves in the activities mentioned in it.

I couldn’t find any fault with the book. I feel everyone would be able to appreciate this book. The book contains several rhymes, so kids can learn as they read. I hope everyone reading this, would take a moment to think about how much our grandparents love and care for us.

I have several things I enjoy about this book, but I’ll point out the one at the top of my list. No activities which included the use of technological gadgets were mentioned. We all live in a world where we believe we cannot live without technology. People these days can’t even take their eyes off their gadgets to simply look at others. Children are getting more attached to modern gadgets rather than spending time with family and loved ones. This book made me realize that life was very well possible without the presence of technological items. After all, what is more important than family and friends?

I rate Love, Grandma by Ann Morris four out of four stars. This book is suitable for everyone who loves to read about family bonds. It is edited well and illustrated beautifully to capture the attention of the readers. To be precise, the type of words used and the length of sentences used might be more suitable for kids in the age group 8-10. Parents can read it to their children and explain it to them in simpler words.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”