Review by Ria710 -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Review by Ria710 -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi is the eighth book in The Inca Cat Detective series. This time, Inca and her friends are headed to South Korea because Missy has been selected to be one of the judges for a French patisserie competition. Upon arriving at the house they’re staying in; they discover a painting of a cat that used to live there. Intrigued, Inca decides to investigate and find out more about who the cat is.

I had a great time reading this book. The book cover is colourful, and it fits the story perfectly. Even though this is the eighth book in the series, it’s the second book I’ve read from this author. Throughout the book, there are adorable, simple illustrations created by Jorge Valle. This is nice because the illustrations help tell the story. The author’s idea of the story is unique and creative. The book follows Inca, a Siberian kitty, who is the head of a detective agency called Inca & Company. The other members of the company are her siblings and her friends.

I think the author did a great job with every character. They are all fun and different, and you’ll end up loving everyone. Inca is portrayed as a bubbly, confident cat, who isn’t afraid of anything. My favourite character is Fromage. I think his obsession with cheese is hilarious. The book opens with a list of the members in Inca’s company. I think this is a great idea because if you forget who is who then you can refer back to this page.

The book itself is told from the point of view of Inca. It’s written in the format of her diary. I think it’s really interesting seeing a cat’s point of view on the world. The author has used simple, short sentences throughout which will allow children to read without difficulty. I love the font style used because it makes it more fun to read.

The book spreads the message of never giving up when you are facing a problem. It also spreads the message of loving your family members and friends. Even though this book is in a series, it can be read as a standalone. At only 119 pages, it can be read in one sitting.

My only problem with this book is that Baram was portrayed as being a female dog at the start. However, at the end of the book, she is referred to as male. Whilst reading the book, this was something that kept confusing me. I had to go all the way back to the page where she was introduced in, to make sure I was not wrong. Other than this issue, the book was amazing.

In conclusion, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I only found three mistakes, so it is professionally edited. The first book I read from this author was incredible, and this one is no different. I highly recommend it to children the ages of 8-12.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amelia-Lily
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amelia-lily.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Amelia-Lily »

This book will have many a children longing for more. It will unlock the potential of the curious minds of children. 

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”