Review by daphne_asir -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
daphne_asir
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Review by daphne_asir -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by daphne_asir »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Grandma by Ann Morris is a heartening tale about the love a grandmother has for her grandkids.

The book begins when Payne is born, and Grandma's heart swells with love for her first grandchild. They have a wonderful time together, playing with Payne's toys and dancing with bears. Grandma and Payne would read so many books together, and they would play until Grandma was almost worn out. And then Payne got a little sister, Haley, and Grandma's love for the two girls grew. Haley loved her big sister, and the three of them had so much fun growing up together. They would bake cookies, watch shows, draw, paint and do so many fun stuff together. The book documents the happy memories as the girls grow up.

The book is beautifully illustrated with full-colour pages. The book is short, but it is wonderfully written. The narration is in the form of rhyme, and the book has a satisfying ending.

I loved the illustrations and the way the happy memories were recorded. The book has splendidly brought out the love a grandmother has for her grandchildren. It left me feeling nostalgic and wonderful at the same time.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. This is a masterpiece that will make anyone remember and appreciate their grandparents.

I rate Love, Grandma four out of four stars for the wonderful story. The book is exceptionally well edited. Obviously, it doesn't have any profanity or erotic content. I recommend this book to all kids between the ages of 3 and 7 who are just beginning to read. This book can also be read aloud as it has a nice rhyme to it. Apart from kids, I believe this book can be enjoyed by anyone as it basically recalls the wonderful time grandchildren have with their grandparents.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”