Review by Ria710 -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: How to Write A Brilliant Nonfiction Book by Suzan St Maur

Review by Ria710 -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Grandma by Ann Morris is a children’s book about the different things that Payton and Haley do with their Grandma. Every page describes a different activity. From brushing their Grandma’s hair to helping her feed the birds. This book shows us the endless fun these girls get up to.

The cover of the book initially caught my eye. It’s colourful, and it radiates happiness. What I liked about the book was that it contained beautiful illustrations created by David Gnass. The illustrations are simple and big which means that children it reading will be able to easily understand what is happening. Alongside this, the text is nice and short which is great because children won’t find it difficult to read. I like that the author decided to write in rhyme because it makes it fun to read out loud.

Furthermore, I think the author did a great job with the story. It’s adorable and sweet, and it makes you think of your own grandma whilst reading. Children who read the book can use it to get some ideas on what activities they can do with their grandparents. My favourite thing about the book was seeing the close relationship Payton and Haley had with their Grandma. I also enjoyed seeing Payton and Haley grow up throughout the book.

There is nothing that I disliked about the book. The author did an amazing job at writing it. There are some important messages that can be learnt from the story. For example, the story teaches us the importance of spending time with your family, and it also teaches us the importance of children having a positive adult role model in their life.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was an excellent children’s book. It is professionally edited as I didn’t find any mistakes. I highly recommend this to children between the ages of 3-8.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”