Review by Aditi Sapate -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aditi Sapate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-sapate.html
Latest Review: Miracles Love a Believer by Stacy Manning Casaluci

Review by Aditi Sapate -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Aditi Sapate »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary of a Snoopy Cat is a children’s book written by author R. F. Kristi. The book tells the tale of Inca, who is a Siberian kitty. Inca aspires to be the best snoopy cat in the world. This is the reason she is writing this diary, which will record all her detective adventures.

The book begins with the usual introductions of her cat and dog friends and some of their peculiarities. Inca claims that, Missy (their mom), “is a humanoid jointly owned by us”. In this particular book, Inca and her friends embark upon a rather exciting and dangerous adventure. They have to steal a will from their dog friend Boss’s house, so that his owner, Ned, doesn't get unduly thrown out of his house. Along with this main storyline, there are some more subplots that run in the background. Overall, this is a book where detective pets try to help their human owners in any way they can.

This is the third book I've read by this particular author. The thing that I like most about R. F. Kristi’s books is that, somewhere along the way, you forget that it’s a human writing these stories. You really buy into the theme of the book and play along.

Along with the engrossing storyline and vivid illustrations, there are a lot of lessons to be learned from this book. For example, how greed for money can lead to people doing unlawful things and how people can be more empathetic towards others.

There are three minor things I did not like about this book. The first is that there were some unnecessary capitalizations in the text. While this does not disrupt the reading, it can be a nuisance for someone who is very particular about these things. The second thing is that dialogues by the same character are on different paragraphs. This might lead to confusion, especially for kids. The third thing is that there are too many pets introduced throughout the book. Children might find it difficult to keep up with the names.

As none of the above mentioned issues hampered my reading experience, I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. There were only a few minor spelling errors in the book. It was thus quite well edited. I would recommend this book to children who love to read books about animals behaving like humans and doing human activities, or even adults who enjoy such books!

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chickenwings00
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chickenwings00.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Chickenwings00 »

Another interesting book about Inca and her detective. It's always lovely to read about Snoopy cats.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

From the way that you describe them, it seems like the author it is very talented at writing children's books. Thank you so much for the recommendation!
Deepa09k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa09k.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Deepa09k »

Seems right up the children's alley. Thanks for the amazing review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”