Review by Ekabajong -- The Tales of Little Lady M

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Review by Ekabajong -- The Tales of Little Lady M

Post by Elvis Best »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Tales of Little Lady M" by Diego Di Mauro.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Tales of Little Lady M is a children's book by Diego Di Mauro. It follows the adventures of a little princess, Misha, who is fondly called "Little Lady M" by the people of Oaks Bridge. Little Lady M is a restless, little girl who loves a good adventure. Throughout the story, she encounters naughty trolls, good witches, evil dwarves, royal frogs, and so much more.

The Tales of Little Lady M is one of the best children's books I have read so far. I gladly rate it 4 out of 4 stars. If there was an extra star to give out, I would happily give it. That is how much I enjoyed the story. Furthermore, it was exceptionally edited, as I found no errors in it. To be honest, there was nothing to dislike about this book.

I know it is obvious by now, but I liked several things about The Tales of Little Lady M. First, I appreciate the effort of the author in making sure it was nicely formatted; the texts were all centered, and the font was very clear and easy to read. The entire book looked simple and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Second, I enjoyed the little poems included throughout the book; they always made me giggle. Third, the illustrations in it were exquisite; they had a certain feel and aura of quality to them. Needless to say, kids will love the cute pictures.

Fourth, I loved the little notes at the end of every chapter. It summarized the moral lesson of that particular chapter and gave kids something to remember. The following note was my favorite: "Remember, Princess: don't be naive! What's told by strangers don't always believe. And do not trust any rumour you hear: sometimes people will speak out of fear." Finally, I believe kids will not be able to put this book down after picking it up; all the stories are so captivating that it will take a mighty will to put it down before finishing it. For my part, I devoured it in one sitting.

I believe the author wrote this book from a place of pure love and affection for kids, because I felt it throughout the book. The Tales of Little Lady M was thoughtfully written for the enjoyment of all kids. However, I would recommend it to kids between the ages of seven and fourteen. This is due to both the length and level of writing; kids younger than seven may find it a bit challenging to read the whole book, which caps at 108 pages. Nonetheless, parents could always read it out loud to them.

The Tales of Little Lady M
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”