Official Review: The Land Tgat Dreams Are Made Of

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Official Review: The Land Tgat Dreams Are Made Of

Post by Arite Seki »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Land Tgat Dreams Are Made Of" by CD Gray.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Land that Dreams are Made of by CD Gray is a children’s book filled with intrigue and adventure. The story features six children; Abigail, Chanum, Bella, Lucy, Elliot and Hunter. These children discover a special book that transports them to a magical place called the Land of Dreams, accompanied by their grandfather and a former Texas general, Sam Houston.

The children have to defeat an evil queen to save the Land of Dreams from becoming consumed by darkness. Along this journey, the children meet various mythical creatures such as unicorns, fairies, elves, mermaids and even a dinosaur named T Rex.

What I liked most about the book was the inclusion of different mythical creatures that helped the children along the way. The story also added a snippet of Texan history at the beginning which I thought was interesting. There was no particular aspect of the book that I disliked, but I thought that the book could use images and colour as it is designed for children to read.

I give this book a 2 out of 4 stars rating. There are quite a few spelling and grammatical errors that disrupt the flow of the book. I thought that the book could use more colour and a more eye-catching cover to gain the attention of children. I also found that there tended to be a switch between first-person narrative and third-person narrative and this could be confusing at times. The story itself was creative but did not stand out in any particular way.

I would recommend this book for children between the ages of 7-12. I found that the book managed to portray the themes of teamwork, morality and jealousy in a meaningful way that would be easily understood by children. The story and themes in the book would be appropriate for younger readers, but I feel that these would be better grasped by an older age group.

The Land Tgat Dreams Are Made Of
View: on Bookshelves
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

Children's books should always be easy and fun to read. Including images and illustrations is a must. Too bad this book lacked either. Great review btw, thanks.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

No wonder you awarded such low ratings to this book. Even the title of the book is not error-free. Appreciate the review though.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:

Return to “Children's Books”