Official Review: Frankie the Ferret by Kimberley Paterson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nickolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: The Unsurrendered by Joyce Shaughnessy

Official Review: Frankie the Ferret by Kimberley Paterson

Post by Nickolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Frankie the Ferret" by Kimberley Paterson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Frankie the Ferret by Kimberley Peterson is a children’s book about the life of a ferret named Frankie. The writer compares the ferret to other animals and describes some actions done by typical ferrets. The author was inspired to write this book because of her pet ferret, which was named Frankie. The tone in the book is friendly, informal, personal, and simple, engaging young readers in the story.

The writer begins the book by dedicating it to her grandchildren and her pet ferret, which has passed away. She then introduces Frankie, the pet ferret, by writing that he has brown eyes and does not look like a parrot. She also describes his nocturnal character, indicating that he plays all night and sleeps all day. Moreover, she explains that Frankie likes to steal people’s socks and hide them, while he also enjoys doing the ferret dance.

There were plenty of things I enjoyed in this children’s book. Firstly, the story contains a humorous tone, which makes the book enjoyable and fun to read. Also, the language in the book is simple and easy to understand, making it suitable for young children. The book is also professionally edited, as there were no errors in it. What I liked most in the book was that it contained vivid, colorful illustrations on every page, thus creating liveliness in the text, which engages young readers.

What I disliked most about the book was that it was very short and not fully developed, so after finishing the book, many children may have unanswered questions.

This book is best suited for readers of both genders at kindergarten, or early elementary school. Parents may also enjoy reading this story to their young children. The book is suited for readers of all religions, including atheists.

In conclusion, I rate the book with 3 out of 4 stars. I deducted a star because the story was not fully developed. Other than that, this is a great, vivid, fun children’s book with beautiful illustrations.

Frankie the Ferret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Splendour0606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-splendour0606.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Splendour0606 »

It is a good book for children,it's colourful illustrations will sure be a good read for them.Thanks for the review.

Knuts372
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Knuts372 »

This book has really good illustrations and a good combination of colors. This book is great for children to read and love.

Katercup

Post by Katercup »

I like your review of the book and concur on most of your stances. Except in my personal opinion when reading the book I felt the same that the book seemed short, but my disagreement is the leaving the book in the way that she did, left the opportunity to communicate and talk to the my kiddos and give us a chance to use their imagination of how the feel it could keep going. As well as it also gives the book a short and sweet one book before bed time feel.
So no maybe not too short but it was such a great book it left you wanting more.

I definitely loved this book, never been a big fan of ferrets but this book made them seem like cute exciting creatures.

Johanna2020

Post by Johanna2020 »

Frankie the Ferret is a childrens book that helps children understand more easily life

Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Adanna Inya »

Colors, pictures and simple language are great elements of a good children's book. But it's a shame that the book will leave sharp minded kids with unanswered questions. I hope the author writes a sequel.

Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

Sounds like an interesting read for children coupled with the fact that it comes with it colourful illustrations. However, succession to this read should be looked into by the author. Great review.

Victoria mulangi

Post by Victoria mulangi »

Colors is really a great way to attract childrens attention,,the beauty in pictures will make them imagine it as a cartoon movie,,, therefore becoming attached to it,,, great review

Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

The book is a decent one for any child as it is well packaged to suit their readership. However the idea of a sequel would not be a bad one. Thanks for the review.

chosen_6
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by chosen_6 »

Who doesn't love the name Frankie? I love the sound of that! A cute troublemaker makes everyone wonder how beautiful life is. I know a lot of stories goes the way same as this but it will never left you bored but obviously you can pinpoint what needs to be improved. This book definitely belong to a little ones bedroom shelves. :tiphat:

JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: Biff Goes to Walmart by Scott Scheibner

Post by JKO »

The humorous tone, colorful illustrations make this book more appreciable for the audience. However, the underdeveloped story could be a problem. Thanks for the honest review.

damis
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: The Billionaires’ Handbook by Andrew Stevenson

Post by damis »

It looks like that is an adorable book. I am sure children will love it. Great review!

Prakasharuri

Post by Prakasharuri »

It was great that he's dedication to children and to his pet, very good book i am also a pet lover very honest

DEEPA PUJARI
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: The Immensity of Love by Angel Tann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

Great book for children who love ferret. It gives a lot of information about ferrets in a fun way. Good Review.

Return to “Children's Books”