Review by Ria710 -- The Tales of Little Lady M

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Review by Ria710 -- The Tales of Little Lady M

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Tales of Little Lady M" by Diego Di Mauro.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Tales of Little Lady M by Diego Di Mauro is a children’s book about a princess named Misha. However, due to her personality, the people in the Kingdom of Oaks Bridge start calling her Little Lady M. Growing up, Little Lady M heard stories about a witch that kidnapped children who were awake past their bedtime. Without hesitation, Little Lady M decided she was going to figure out where the witch was hiding the children and set them free. Join Little Lady M as she encounters naughty dwarfs, scary witches, and incredible wizards in this crazy, adventure-packed book.

This was an amazing read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was nice how the author wrote all the dialogue in the book as rhyme. This makes it more fun to read out loud. The book contains beautiful, simple illustrations that help little kids picture the context of the story more. Moreover, the illustrations are big, so children won’t find difficulty in seeing what’s going on in the picture.

The protagonist in the book is Little Lady M, and she is portrayed as a strong female character, this is great because it’s empowering to young girls. One of my favorite things was seeing how determined Little Lady M was to find the missing children. Despite being afraid, she went against her fears and embarked on a mission to save them.

After certain chapters, the author includes a message to the reader, the message tells the audience a valuable lesson they should have learned from Little Lady M’s actions. For example, the book teaches children to not believe everything they hear. Sometimes rumors are just rumors. Also, the book teaches children to not trust strangers just because they were nice to you. Sometimes there is evil behind a smile.

I loved every single character in the book; the author gave each of them a fun personality. My favorite character would have to be Little Lady M because she is strong-minded, and I think a lot of girls can relate to her.

There was nothing that I disliked. Every part of the book kept me interested, and I found myself wanting to read more. I will say, though, something that left me confused was that I thought I was reading the book in third person but on page 32 it says ‘our’, suggesting the book is in first person.

In conclusion, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed it very much, and I think children will too. The author did a good job with this book as I found no mistakes throughout. I definitely recommend this book to children between the ages of 7-11, and anyone who likes princesses.

The Tales of Little Lady M
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”