Official Review: Moe And His Best Friend Boo by Nancy Alan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 340
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: How to Manifest Happiness by Logan Chamberlain, Ph.D. and Jaquelyn Somach, Ph.D.

Official Review: Moe And His Best Friend Boo by Nancy Alan

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Moe And His Best Friend Boo" by Nancy Alan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Moe and His Best Friend Boo by Nancy Alan is an entertaining Children’s book. The storyline is about the unlikely pairing of an animal and a human. I believe this story will captivate the children’s heart and teach them the importance of friendship.

This book is about two unusual friends who made their story a happy ending. It talks about Moe, a penguin, and how he met a boy named Boo. They later became friends: friends that were more like a family. There were things that Moe couldn’t do, but Boo could. What caught my attention is that the writer made it clear that Moe never dwelt on what he couldn’t do.

I love this book, and there is nothing I dislike about it. The book will teach kids to accept each other's differences and focus on their strength. It tells the kids that strengths and weaknesses are common to all beings. Also, Nancy shows the kids that understanding is an important element in friendship. Moe and Boo are different, but their friendship stood the test of time. These lessons will prepare them for the hurdles of life.

Another thing I admire about the book is that it teaches the kid to live a selfless lifestyle and be more accommodating than being judgmental. Boo was accommodating, and that gave Moe the confidence to approach him, despite their differences. Also, we are all different and don't have to do things the same way. Moe and Boo went fishing using different methods.

I admire how the book mentions the feeling of loss and sadness. It is ok to be sometimes sad, but the assurances that with time everything will be fine is what's most important. The book is bright, refreshing, and short but meaningful. Furthermore, the pictures are fun and expressive.

I like Moe and His Best Friend Boo a lot based on all the points above. Therefore, I am awarding it 4 out of 4 stars. The book is well-edited and flawless. It is for toddlers because the pictures are captivating. However, I am recommending it to parents who are trying to instill discipline and introduce the act of kindness to their kids.

A book like this seems insignificant but since it engraves self-love, love for others, and acceptance in the minds of children, as they are the portal for communication. We are guaranteed a future with wholesome adults.

Moe And His Best Friend Boo
View: on Bookshelves

Laurina_Olowo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Laurina_Olowo »

Aren't those the qualities we look out for in those we call our friends? Understanding, love and acceptability. Understanding that we are all different in our unique ways. Every child needs to know that. A beautiful review.

Songjohn007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-songjohn007.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Songjohn007 »

I love this book through my view on this review, though more relevant to children but I still find it interesting

Alicer
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicer.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Alicer »

It seems interesting, I love the fact that there is a clear physical difference between Moe and Boo but this doesn't prevent their friendship typical of children. It can act as an eye opener to adults who are judgemental and set standards for friendship. How lovely it will be if our children develope the characters of the 2friends it will surely be a wonderful world.

Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

Real friendship between a human and an animal is about the most improbable thing to come to mind. However, this will deliver a great lesson on acceptability and commitment. Thanks for this review.

Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Post by Ogoskino »

A book that teaches children to accept their differences is a good one for parents to get for their kids. Thanks for the review.

Salma_asa
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-asa.html
Latest Review: Meryl Streep: On the Couch by Alma H. Bond, Ph.D.

Post by Salma_asa »

I might be too old for children's books but these books are really relaxing to read. I may read this one. Great review!

Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Magnify3 »

Understandingand accepting our differences is very important especially in friendship. Thanks for the review!

KimberlyS88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberlys88.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by KimberlyS88 »

This book outlines acceptance in the cutest way possible!

JoyALB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyalb.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Post by JoyALB »

I love books that teach kids important lessons like these. It sound like a very sweet story and I can’t wait to read it myself. Great review!

Princepetr10
Currently Reading:

Post by Princepetr10 »

This book is about Moe and His Best Friend Boo . I like kids book and this is one of them.

Princepetr10
Currently Reading:

Post by Princepetr10 »

Ogoskino wrote: ↑
25 Mar 2020, 07:36
A book that teaches children to accept their differences is a good one for parents to get for their kids. Thanks for the review.
I totally agree with You .children has to accept their differences

Stellachimu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Stellachimu »

This is a very interesting and good that it teaches children to accommodate each other despite there difference. It also give an understanding that, 'another persons weakness might be another one's strength, together we make it big'
Last edited by Stellachimu on 26 Mar 2020, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony__
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: How to Manifest Happiness by Logan Chamberlain, Ph.D. and Jaquelyn Somach, Ph.D.

Post by Anthony__ »

Princepetr10 wrote: ↑
26 Mar 2020, 15:56
This book is about Moe and His Best Friend Boo. I like kids book and this is one of them.
I really enjoyed this book. Thank you for stopping by

Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Laurina_Olowo wrote: ↑
24 Mar 2020, 07:08
Aren't those the qualities we look out for in those we call our friends? Understanding, love and acceptability. Understanding that we are all different in our unique ways. Every child needs to know that. A beautiful review.
Thank you.

Return to “Children's Books”