Review by OfficialEmma -- Dynomike: Pay It Forward

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OfficialEmma
Currently Reading: The Shattered Vase
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-officialemma.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Review by OfficialEmma -- Dynomike: Pay It Forward

Post by OfficialEmma »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dynomike: Pay It Forward" by Frankie B. Rabbit.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

No need to repay.
Just pay it forward.
Help someone today.
— Dynomike
Dynomike wants to have some strawberry pickles, but Robyn says the store is out of strawberry pickles. On his way back from the store, he finds his friend Spunky, struggling with his banana cart. Being a kindhearted dinosaur, Dynomike helped Spunky steady his banana cart, expecting nothing in return. This kind gesture of Dynomike begins a sequential flow of kindness among his friends and others.

Dynomike: Pay It Forward is a children’s book written by Frankie B. Rabbit and illustrated by Don Suratos. The cover design & book layout was done by Robyn A. Mendolla. The book is a quick read with 32 picture pages. Dynomike: Pay It Forward is book ten of Dynomike Teaches series with interesting animal characters such as Robyn, Spunky, Chef Wiggles, and Jack.

What I like most is the moral lesson this book teaches — helping people and expecting nothing in return. The average human is selfish. People won’t help others unless they have something to gain from it, which is bad. From this short tale, we can see that kindness attracts your desires to you and you lose nothing by showing people kindness. I would recommend this book to both kids and adults because if adults have a pure heart like kids, life would be much better.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. The book has no negatives at all. It was perfectly created and illustrated. I like the author’s concept of using a dinosaur in a pet-like manner for the illustration. For the creativity and perfectness of this book, it deserves a 4 out of 4 stars rating.

The book was proofread carefully as I found no error. The author’s writing style was creative and instructive. He was straight to the point. The picture quality and illustration are impressive, as a good children’s book ought to be. I enjoyed the creative pattern of rhyming the last words in the second and fourth lines. The book’s pace is a fast one. The story is engaging too.

So, the next time someone helps you or shows you kindness, don’t let it end with you. Pay it forward! Spread the kindness!! We must develop the mindset of helping someone as often as we can.

You might wonder how you can pay it forward or what it means to pay it forward. Well, let Dynomike teach you.

Dynomike: Pay It Forward
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, do things worth writing about or write things worth reading about.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 620
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

I read the book and loved the whole idea behind the story: Helping others freely. The only thing that pissed me about the book is the huge volume size with only 34 pages. Same issue was with book one of the series, 61mbs with only 35 pages (pdf format). I'm glad you enjoyed reading the book. Awesome review. Kudos.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
OfficialEmma
Currently Reading: The Shattered Vase
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-officialemma.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by OfficialEmma »

Nerea wrote: ↑21 Mar 2020, 02:53 I read the book and loved the whole idea behind the story: Helping others freely. The only thing that pissed me about the book is the huge volume size with only 34 pages. Same issue was with book one of the series, 61mbs with only 35 pages (pdf format). I'm glad you enjoyed reading the book. Awesome review. Kudos.
Yeah. I think the size is big because it's a picture book in high quality. Thanks for your comment.
If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, do things worth writing about or write things worth reading about.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 620
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

OfficialEmma wrote: ↑21 Mar 2020, 05:40
Nerea wrote: ↑21 Mar 2020, 02:53 I read the book and loved the whole idea behind the story: Helping others freely. The only thing that pissed me about the book is the huge volume size with only 34 pages. Same issue was with book one of the series, 61mbs with only 35 pages (pdf format). I'm glad you enjoyed reading the book. Awesome review. Kudos.
Yeah. I think the size is big because it's a picture book in high quality. Thanks for your comment.
Mmmmh........now I get it. Thanks.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

This is such a beautiful book for kids. The concept and value of 'Pay it forward' is one of the most essential ones that kids learn at this age, and this book helps make it easier to understand with such pretty imagery and lovable characters. Thank you for the wonderful review! It's very well written. 🙂
Lunastella
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Mastermind
Bookshelf Size: 2242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunastella.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
fav_author_id: 5604
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 49%

Post by Lunastella »

So, the next time someone helps you or shows you kindness, don’t let it end with you. Pay it forward! Spread the kindness!! We must develop the mindset of helping someone as often as we can.

You might wonder how you can pay it forward or what it means to pay it forward. Well, let Dynomike teach you.
You're right. We, as adults, probably need to learn or relearn this valuable lesson even more than kids do. And, adding to lovely books like this one, leading by example is a great way to ensure the young generation is kinder.
Thank you for your amazing review!
Cotwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Cotwani »

I like the concept - Pay it forward, spread the kindness. Who wouldn't mind a little kindness? Its important to teach children this virtue, and to remind adults often.

Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
ParadoxicalWoman
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 579
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paradoxicalwoman.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by ParadoxicalWoman »

Pay it forward! Not only the kids have to learn this, we the adults need to learn this as well. A lovely book and would like to have this book myself in physical copy.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Post by Ogoskino »

I also gave this book a 4 out of 4 stars. A great book that seeks to teach children about the importance of giving without expecting anything in return.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”