Review by ciecheesemeister -- Chubby Wubbles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Review by ciecheesemeister -- Chubby Wubbles

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chubby Wubbles" by M. J. Abrams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chubby Wubbles My Pet Ferret by M.J. Abrams is a middle-grade story of a ferret named Chubby Wubbles and his human family. When Mark could no longer give proper care to his ferrets Chubby Wubbles and Coco, he rehomed them with family members. Chubby Wubbles went to Mark’s brother Jeffrey, who worked from home and was able to provide his furry friend with the love and attention that he needed.

Older kids will enjoy reading the story for themselves, and kids of all ages will enjoy the colorful pictures of the ferrets. The story teaches good lessons, such as always being careful to take note of where your pets are before opening doors to the outside. It also teaches that sometimes it may be necessary to rehome a pet as Mark had to do so the pet can receive the care it truly deserves.

I give Chubby Wubbles My Pet Ferret four out of four stars. It is a sweet, well-written story. I found no errors in the text. The book is appropriate for children of all ages. It is a brief story, so young readers will not lose interest.

The thing I liked best about Chubby Wubbles My Pet Ferret was the author’s honesty about needing to rehome his pets. Giving up a pet tends to be frowned upon, but sometimes it is in the pet’s best interest. Mark knew he could trust his family members to care for his ferrets better than he was able to with his work responsibilities.

There was nothing that I disliked about the book, although there were moments of mild peril that made me a bit nervous about Chubby Wubbles’ well-being. However, nothing truly tragic transpires, so parents don’t need to worry about giving or reading this book to their kids.

This book was written for children but can be enjoyed by animal lovers of all ages. Although I am in my fifties, I admit to enjoying reading children’s books. This inspiring and heartwarming story raised my spirits while reading it.

Chubby Wubbles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Children's books are especially fun to read when they are as well written as this one! It made me wonder how common the ferret is as a pet. I appreciated that you highlighted the lessons this book teaches. Thanks for a lovely review!
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

A book about rehoming pets sounds good for a middle grade pupils. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”