Review by OfficialEmma -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OfficialEmma
Currently Reading: The Shattered Vase
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-officialemma.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Review by OfficialEmma -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of ...

Post by OfficialEmma »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inca & Company, an animal detective agency, goes to various places solving detective mysteries with their humanoid Mom and Dad. Inca, a Siberian cat, is the head of the company. What mystery are they going to solve this time?

An antique sword and some gold coins have been stolen from the Colombo Museum, and Detective Solo has been invited by the director of the Colombo Museum to investigate the case of the stolen treasures at the museum. The animal detectives are curious to find out who stole the sword and gold coins. Who stole the treasures? Will the animal detectives help Solo solve this case, or will they just have fun at the beach with their new animal friends?

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat is the book seven of the Inca Cat Detective Series by R.F. Kristi, edited by Tim Aucoin, and illustrated by Jorge Valle. It is suitable for children within the age range of 7-12. Being an avid lover of animals, R.F. Kristi has written the Inca book series to promote love and respect for animals, especially among children.

This book features new animal characters like Rani (the water turtle), Meena (the baby elephant), etc. Together, they help Inca & Company solve this mystery case. There are vital moral lessons that kids can learn from this story, especially learning to work cooperatively with others rather than trying to do it all alone. Inca & Company may not have solved this case if they had not cooperated with the other animals.

What I like most are the illustrative pictures and humorous statements which made me laugh. I also liked the mild suspense. This book would be more fun when reading to a group of kids. However, what I disliked most were the unnecessary errors, mostly wrong spellings and missing close quotes. This is unlike other Inca book series I have read, which were properly edited. Aside from the errors, there are no negatives. Any reader would love this book.

The writing style is very descriptive and narrative, written from Inca’s perspective. The story is engaging, and the pace is well-developed. The book was not proofread carefully. I noticed several errors. The book is worth four stars, but I’d have to rate it 3 out of 4 stars because of the errors.

I strongly recommend this book to children and teachers of kids. Parents can also read this book as a bedtime story to their kids.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, do things worth writing about or write things worth reading about.
Lunastella
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Mastermind
Bookshelf Size: 2242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunastella.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
fav_author_id: 5604
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 49%

Post by Lunastella »

I love the idea of promoting love and respect for animals. They're such excellent companions and the environmental benefits of a new generation that has a better mindset are very meaningful. However, I think authors that write for kids have to be especially mindful of their editing because kids have their first approaches to spelling and grammar from these books.
Thank you for such a thorough review!
OfficialEmma
Currently Reading: The Shattered Vase
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-officialemma.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by OfficialEmma »

Lunastella wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 19:27 I love the idea of promoting love and respect for animals. They're such excellent companions and the environmental benefits of a new generation that has a better mindset are very meaningful. However, I think authors that write for kids have to be especially mindful of their editing because kids have their first approaches to spelling and grammar from these books.
Thank you for such a thorough review!
Nice insight, Luna. Thank you for your constructive comment.
Last edited by OfficialEmma on 06 Feb 2020, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

This book teaches kids to be kind, be good friends, and be adventurous. But it’s also interesting to see your point of view in this review. Thanks for the honest review!
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

This book teaches kids to be kind, be good friends, and be adventurous. But it’s also interesting to see your point of view in this review. Thanks for the honest review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”