Review by WISDOM PETERSON -- I'm Swimming in the Toilet....

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
WISDOM PETERSON
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wisdom-peterson.html
Latest Review: & Life Goes On... by major thomas
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by WISDOM PETERSON -- I'm Swimming in the Toilet....

Post by WISDOM PETERSON »

[Following is a volunteer review of "I'm Swimming in the Toilet... PLEASE DON'T FLUSH!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I'm Swimming in the Toilet; Please Don't Flush by Len Foley is an excellent piece for kids. It is humorous, relaxing and also didactic. It is a short fun that kids can easily comprehend and remember. It will also greatly appeal to first readers as a tool for developing interest in reading and enhancing reading skills. The lively pictures themselves are a great attraction for kids and help reinforced the story as well as lessons from it.

A look in this shot novel; a hot sweaty frog decides to go swimming in the toilet sink. It ignores all warning signs that forbid swimming in the toilet and without caution jumps into the sink to swim. Soon after, it is joined by a loose shoe and later finds a potato beneath the sink. It is evidently enjoying his swim with the other two friends when the toilet is suddenly flushed. The frog and its two companions get flushed through the pipe into a cesspool with mush. Since it would not heed the warnings and causion, it must now swim trapped in the cesspool with mush, dirt and lots of stinks! .

There is no instance of profanity in the book. It is professionally edited and well animated with helpful illustrations. It also contains what appears to be half conversations or perhaps from short expressions.

This novel touches evenly on fantasy, morale, humour and leisure. It is written with simple words and expressions; adequate for kids to enjoy. The language is that of preschool up to 2nd graders. However the book can be enjoyed by kids of all ages and even adults.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because of its captivating pictures and illustrations used to express an important message of paying attention to caution and safety as well as instructions given by guardians. It is written in plain language and able to encourage creativity among kids.

In summary, I'm Swimming in the Toilet; Please Don't Flush is a ready reminder of the consequences of neglecting caution and safety instructions or of disobeying other instructions given at any material time. Kids can appreciate the need to listen to grown-ups and play safe to stay out of trouble.

I'm Swimming in the Toilet... PLEASE DON'T FLUSH!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”