Review by Bles -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bles
Currently Reading: Dance of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bles.html
Latest Review: Nettie Boo by Judy Adams Brown

Review by Bles -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy...

Post by Bles »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Serendipity Mystery by R.F.Kristi is the seventh book in the series of the Diary of a Snoopy Cat children's book. The book begins by Inca, the cat detective introducing us to her family and her detective team which includes Fromage, Cara, Terrance, Charlotte among others. Inca heads the Inca and Company detective agency which is based in London. The company's fame has spread through London and the rest of England for having solved some serious detective mysteries.

Inca together with her family goes on vacation to Sri Lanka. They spend their first day on the beach on the sunny island of Sri Lanka, in a seaside village named Galle. While still on vacation, they get involved in the case of the stolen antique sword and other treasured objects which include gold coins at the Colombo Museum. Inca and her team decide to solve the theft mystery. Will they be successful in their mission?

The title of the book captivated me and therefore I decided to pick the book and read it. I have never been a fan of children's books before. This was my first attempt and the experience was so amazing. I loved the book because it was so interesting and it changed my mentality about children's books.

I liked this book because it is enriched with themes such as family, teamwork, and friendship. Second, the book has great life lessons for the readers to learn from. Just like Inca and her friends, readers learn the importance of togetherness and working as a team towards a common goal. Third, the book is full of adventure and so readers don't get bored at any point while reading the book. However, I did not find any reason to dislike this book because it was so entertaining and I enjoyed it.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was professionally edited. I did not come across any major typo errors to speak of. Second, the characters were well-developed in that they were so unique and each fitted the role given. Third, the author used simple language which can easily be understood by young readers. However, I did not give this book 3 out of 4 stars because it had a great storyline. Secondly, I loved the diary format used in writing the book which made it flow easily. Thirdly, the author's use of illustrations made the book more captivating. This book is suitable for young readers between the age of seven and twelve who love traveling and adventure. The book can also be read by other readers who love reading entertaining stories.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Books are beautiful.
Erick Muyesu
Favorite Book: The Spirit of Want
Currently Reading: Mine Boy
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erick-muyesu.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Erick Muyesu »

Great review Bless
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

This sounds like a really fun book. I'm always on the look out for quality children's books. Were there any illustrations? What grade level would this book appeal to, do you think? Thanks for an interesting review!
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
Bles

Post by Bles »

Erick Muyesu wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 00:55 Great review Bless
Thank you
Books are beautiful.
Bles

Post by Bles »

Laura Lee wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 22:55 This sounds like a really fun book. I'm always on the look out for quality children's books. Were there any illustrations? What grade level would this book appeal to, do you think? Thanks for an interesting review!
The book is full of fun and it's best read by children between ages seven and twelve years. And yes, the book had beautiful illustrations that would encourage the young readers to read on. Thank you for stopping by.
Books are beautiful.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

Inca – the leader of the team is a female cat. I think this book would be great for little girls to read. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”