Review by heatherashley7 -- I'm Swimming in the Toilet.....

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
heatherashley7
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherashley7.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by heatherashley7 -- I'm Swimming in the Toilet.....

Post by heatherashley7 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "I'm Swimming in the Toilet... PLEASE DON'T FLUSH!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I’m Swimming in the Toilet…Please Don’t Flush! by Len Foley is a cute children’s book telling the story of a frog who ignored the warnings not to swim in the toilet. The frog begins his journey on a hot day in the sun and ventures into the house to cool off. Once there he ignores the warning signs and takes a dip in the toilet to cool off. How this tale ends is funny, cute, and a bit smelly.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Most children’s books are written with a lesson in mind, at first glance this book doesn’t really have a lesson per the text. One must read all the illustrations to understand the lesson is about reading and obeying warning signs, which is why I rated three stars instead of four. The book was humorous and involved rhyming which is the reason it deserves a three-star rating and not two stars.

I liked the use of the frog, potato, and the cameo of the peanut. The peanut could be used as a seek and find game for really young children, to see if they can spot him in each picture. The illustrations included what appeared to be artwork and possibly clip art. The combination did not appeal to me which is another reason for the three-star rating.

This book appears to be professionally edited as I did not find any typo’s, and grammar is more relaxed in children’s books. This book would appeal to young children between the ages of 1 and 5. It would make an excellent bed time story.

I'm Swimming in the Toilet... PLEASE DON'T FLUSH!
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”