Official Review: Pine: Seasonal Lessons That Sprout in th...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Re: Official Review: Pine: Seasonal Lessons That Sprout in th...

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

It sounds like this book has some great messages, but based on some of the quotes you included it definitely doesn't sound like a children's book! I could see reading it with my kids when they're older, maybe middle school, but not much younger. Thanks for such a thoughtful review!
Sayano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sayano »

wow! ! I thought of Christmas just by looking at the cover. It does have interesting lessons. I agree with you about it being read with an adult. Thanks for the review!
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Kaylee123 wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 12:10 It sounds like this book has some great messages, but based on some of the quotes you included it definitely doesn't sound like a children's book! I could see reading it with my kids when they're older, maybe middle school, but not much younger. Thanks for such a thoughtful review!
Thanks for your comment, Kaylee. :tiphat:
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The cover is beautifully done and makes one think this would be a Christmas story. I agree with your advice that the book be read with adult supervision. I wonder, though, if some of this philosophy might even go over the heads of some of the adults! Great analysis of the book. Thanks.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

kdstrack wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 21:27 The cover is beautifully done and makes one think this would be a Christmas story. I agree with your advice that the book be read with adult supervision. I wonder, though, if some of this philosophy might even go over the heads of some of the adults! Great analysis of the book. Thanks.
That's a good point about the philosophy, as I didn't agree with some the concepts. Thanks for your comment.

Return to “Children's Books”