Review by juliusotieno02 -- The Barnyard Buddies Meet a ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
juliusotieno02
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotieno02.html
Latest Review: Read My Mind by Stephen McLeod

Review by juliusotieno02 -- The Barnyard Buddies Meet a ...

Post by juliusotieno02 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer" by Julie Penshorn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer by Julie Penshorn is a children's book novel with animal characters. The main character is Blue, a dog who is forced to leave its residence because of the unfavourable circumstances.

After the water turned bad at the family home, Blue is forced to leave in search of a better place. He walks for a long distance and finally reaches a small farmhouse and barn where he smells food. After crawling under the fence, he meets the pig who is at the time undecided on whether to allow him in since Farmer Jim doesn't like strangers. He walks for a long distance and finally reaches a small farmhouse and barn where he smells food.

With an aid of pictorial illustrations, the author succeeds in bringing the point home and making the reading exciting, especially for kids.

I liked the choice of the topic and how it was brought about so lightly yet so efficiently. Being nice to strangers is one thing that every child should learn when growing up.At the end of the book, some extra pages are used to assist parents and teachers in making sure that the children get the most out of the book. There isn't anything I didn't like about the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars partly because of the adequate editing and partly because of the choice of the topic and how efficient it was presented. I recommend it to children between the ages of 5 to 10 years. Adults may also read it to allow them to efficiently guide their kids.

The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

This sounds like a sweet story with a great message. I always love when there are educator's notes at the end of the book so you can help children really get the message. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”