Review by Susmita Biswas -- The Barnyard Buddies Meet a ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review by Susmita Biswas -- The Barnyard Buddies Meet a ...

Post by Susmita Biswas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer" by Julie Penshorn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In my opinion, books have the power to connect people. Books spread messages, but the message can be good or bad. The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer by Julie Penshorn is a children's book with a good message. For children, this is a perfect book to build good characteristics. Adults forget their humanity, kindness, and other emotions. They also need to read this book. So, this book is not only for children.

The story is about a dog who is lonely, tired, and hungry. He recalled that day when his family left him alone. He was sad, and he was wandering for weeks, and then he saw a small farmhouse and barn. He met barnyard buddies. Everyone understood his situation but feared that he might bite. Portland pig thought that farmer Jim didn't like strangers. What would happen to this lonely dog? Will the barnyard buddies help him?

What I liked the most was the moral of the story. Whenever I read a children's book, it leaves a sweet smile on my face, and the reason behind my smile is the moral of the story. A simple story with great thought. The story is about kindness, love, help, and unity. I believe adults need to understand it more than kids. Because if we understand it, then we can teach our children. The characters are also impressive. They are like a bunch of flowers in different colours. Someone is very kind, someone cares for everybody, and someone is sensible. These different types of characters will make kids understand that you have to be sensible and kind at the same time. If you are only a kind person, then people will use you, and you won't be able to help people who need help.

There was nothing which I didn't like. The book was full of emotion. This book will help children to build manners. Also, children will love this book because it has a lot of colourful pictures.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't give it a 3 because the book was extremely good. The book was well-edited. There was no typos or grammatical mistakes. This is a children's book, and there is no chance of having any profane languages. I recommend this book to children and their parents. But I think everybody should read this book once.

The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

I absolutely agree @Susmita Biswas ❤️I congratulate the author for the great job of coming up with this concept👍I super love this book too🤗Happy to know you enjoyed and appreciated it as well. Best regards on your review dear👍😃
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

You're totally right. Probably us, as adults, need to remember kindness and sensitivity even more than kids. What a great book with a lovely message!
Thank you for your review.
Akash ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Akash ks »

This is a very good book . I would thank the author for very good story . And the images in the book help me to not get distracted and read the book . The book mainly focus on the life how a human should lead. If we help others they will also help us . It also deal with lot of other factors like sensitivity , kindness,thinking about fellow people and how to react to a small problem. The book should be read by every one it. Children should read this book and this is a good book for how are beginners in reading . It is a good story to be told to children.👍👍👍
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I liked the simple delivery of a very powerful message of acceptance. I liked the entire story and the discussion questions being included at the end.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”