Review by Jacquelyn-63 -- Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jacquelyn-63
Currently Reading: Call of the Couch
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacquelyn-63.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Review by Jacquelyn-63 -- Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Jacquelyn-63 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Will of The Hill" by Marshall Cobb.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Will of The Hill was written by Marshall Cobb. This is an amazingly entertaining children’s book. You are introduced to Will right away, a shy fifth grader who keeps to himself and his comic books. A girl named Gertrude is the school tattle-tale. She causes Will many troubles, but this time she’s gone too far! She’s threatened his stash of comic books if he doesn’t come through on his promise to get his best friend to her birthday party. The race is on!

I really loved this book. It is well written and so fun to read. The characters were relatable, and they consistently brought a smile to my face. I loved that throughout this story it gave you additional things to think about. For instance, you are introduced to a subplot about the hill itself. Why is it there?

This story ended abruptly. I didn’t find anything that I disliked about this book except the cliffhanger ending. Kudos to the author for having me so engrossed in the story. I was hoping for more pages when it ended because I still have so many unanswered questions!

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. This was a simple yet exciting read. The author used subplots to make you think about why things are the way they are in this little town Will and his family live in. I have to know what happens next! I know there are a few other books about Will and his adventures. I am coming for those books!

This book is for any audience. It is geared towards children, but it can be enjoyed by adults. If you enjoy reading of a simpler time, this is the book for you. It is also a great book to read with your kids! Please give this book a try.

Will of The Hill
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jacquelyn-63's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”