Official Review: The Little Country Girl by Coretta Wren

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Official Review: The Little Country Girl by Coretta Wren

Post by Verna Coy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Little Country Girl" by Coretta Wren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Although The Little Country Girl by Coretta Wren is listed as a coloring book, it is also an excellent storybook for children. The happy expression of the little girl on the cover is indicative of the mood of the entire book.

This book highlights the story of a young girl who goes to visit her grandparents on their farm. She has adventures like going horseback riding, and she helps feed chickens and other farm activities.

I liked how nature plays center stage in this book. Comments about the bright sunshine inspire young children to use bright colors when coloring in this coloring book and see those kinds of colors in their own lives.

The text of this book caters to the age range of preschool children as well as early elementary. The simplicity of its design makes it appropriate and entertaining for beginning readers while still inspiring new ideas. This style of writing is perfect for the target age group for which this work is intended.

The author and illustrator did a great job with the cover of this book. It's bright, happy, and fun. The altering colors on the words artistically illustrate that it is a coloring book. The little girl playing in the foreground with a farm background complete with farm animals draws interest and imagination with children.

I love how this book is dedicated to the memory of the author's grandparents. It makes a note of the positive impact they made on her young life. It reinforces the importance of positive role models. It's so important to acknowledge those who inspire and teach us. That element is a big part of this story, contributing to the family feel of its overall appeal, and is what I liked most about this author's work.

The author intended that this book be used as a resource to help build educational development in youth. I have to say it is well-suited to this purpose. It would not be out of place in an elementary or preschool classroom.

I could find nothing negative to dislike about this work. I have to say it is professionally edited. I only found one error: the dialogue of two characters appearing on the same line of text. For these reasons, I am rating it with 4 out of 4 stars. It will appeal to educators looking for a lively coloring book for kids. It will appeal to young children who enjoy a story that features farm scenes and animals.

The Little Country Girl
View: on Bookshelves
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

It's a lovely and colorful cover. A story book to color, sounds fun. Kids will love to color and also read the story. Thank you for a delightful review!
Tobilobadavid T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Tobilobadavid T »

It's a colourful fun book that kid will love to read. And thanks for the review
Given Ndamulelo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Given Ndamulelo »

The book is so igniting it have my attention when am far from it. It is so lovely to kids and the little ones will love to color this book.
The background of the book also contains all the information about the girl who visit here grandparents in the farm for advanture... And helping animals.
The little County girl
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

It's good to let children handle minor responsibilities at such a tender age. It grooms them into hardworking and dedicated adults. Great review.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Chickens, horses, bright sunshine, and grandparents?! Sign me up for a day at the coloring farm. I think I need a peaceful respite! 🖍🐴
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think it's great that children learn to respect the environment and nature through the book.
Valentine_hq
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Valentine_hq »

I love the content of the book
Its so unique ,children would really go well with this book.
They will learn and understand the nature of their environment
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

VernaVi wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 23:57 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Little Country Girl" by Coretta Wren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Although The Little Country Girl by Coretta Wren is listed as a coloring book, it is also an excellent storybook for children. The happy expression of the little girl on the cover is indicative of the mood of the entire book.

This book highlights the story of a young girl who goes to visit her grandparents on their farm. She has adventures like going horseback riding, and she helps feed chickens and other farm activities.

I liked how nature plays center stage in this book. Comments about the bright sunshine inspire young children to use bright colors when coloring in this coloring book and see those kinds of colors in their own lives.

The text of this book caters to the age range of preschool children as well as early elementary. The simplicity of its design makes it appropriate and entertaining for beginning readers while still inspiring new ideas. This style of writing is perfect for the target age group for which this work is intended.

The author and illustrator did a great job with the cover of this book. It's bright, happy, and fun. The altering colors on the words artistically illustrate that it is a coloring book. The little girl playing in the foreground with a farm background complete with farm animals draws interest and imagination with children.

I love how this book is dedicated to the memory of the author's grandparents. It makes a note of the positive impact they made on her young life. It reinforces the importance of positive role models. It's so important to acknowledge those who inspire and teach us. That element is a big part of this story, contributing to the family feel of its overall appeal, and is what I liked most about this author's work.

The author intended that this book be used as a resource to help build educational development in youth. I have to say it is well-suited to this purpose. It would not be out of place in an elementary or preschool classroom.

I could find nothing negative to dislike about this work. I have to say it is professionally edited. I only found one error: the dialogue of two characters appearing on the same line of text. For these reasons, I am rating it with 4 out of 4 stars. It will appeal to educators looking for a lively coloring book for kids. It will appeal to young children who enjoy a story that features farm scenes and animals.

The Little Country Girl
View: on Bookshelves
Excellent review!!! This sounds like a really good children's s book. Thanks for reviewing.

Return to “Children's Books”