Official Review: Eggshell Hat by Darya Ahmadi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
joynob24365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joynob24365.html
Latest Review: Weeping Goes Unheard by Lucia Mann

Official Review: Eggshell Hat by Darya Ahmadi

Post by joynob24365 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eggshell Hat" by Darya Ahmadi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bobo's egg hatched just a moment ago. After peeking outside, the young bird gathers the courage to get out of his egg, and his curiosity takes over his fear. However, he decides to keep the top part of his eggshell as a hat because it makes him feel safer. While roaming on the branches, Bobo suddenly falls from his tree. He must find a way to get back to his nest.

Finally, after wandering around for a while, he discovers a cliff. Surely if the chick could climb his way up to the top of the cliff, he could spot his dear nest and fly towards it. But that would result in him taking off his eggshell hat. The decision weighs on him. What will Bobo choose?

Eggshell Hat by Darya Ahmadi is a story containing a powerful message. Most people want to stay in comfort, but they don't realize that it might be holding them back from reaching their goals. It's an accurate metaphor with Bobo's eggshell hat being the thing holding him back and getting back to his nest being the goal. When you want something in life, you have to be bold and leave your comfort zone. Otherwise, you won't reach your ends.

One thing I disliked about this book is the grammatical mistakes it had. I have found around nine errors, and they were all about a misplaced or missing comma. It made it hard for me to read and understand the sentences.

I rate this book three out of four stars. If not for the poor syntax, I enjoyed reading it. There were around twenty-two pages of beautiful illustrations, which is quite a lot, and that's great. I recommend this book to everyone, no matter their age because the lesson it teaches can be helpful towards anyone.

Eggshell Hat
View: on Bookshelves
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for an informative review! Bobo has a egg for a hat and he wants to fly back to his house. It's a cute story.
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

Thanks for your review! This sounds like a great allegory for kids; if only it had better editing.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I hope the author can fix the errors you’ve mentioned because this sounds so cute and like a great story for kids to draw inspiration from. Thanks for the great review!
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

A baby bird leaving a piece of an eggshell as a hat made me smile. It looks like an adorable story about stepping out of our comfort zones. Thanks for the insights.
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

The review is interesting and intriguing. I am eager to read the book.

Return to “Children's Books”