Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Discuss the November 2014 book of the month, Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street.
aajumbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aajumbo.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Re: Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Post by aajumbo »

Piper is left to take care of her younger Charlie after the death of her mother and an alcoholic father this responsibility makes her a responsible person in life where she gets her life planned out in advance but later she is faced with a life changing incident where she miraculously saves the life of her friends and hers in a car accident that transforms her life.it is a great read for the young adults
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

This looks like fun. Don't we all long for a few superpowers sometimes! I like the idea of some science behind it too. I will be reading it.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

This book is interesting for the reason that it deals with paranormal events and incidents. I am greatly interested in the subject of this book having been exposed to Buddhist Philosophy. Thanks for this very informative review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Chinomso1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chinomso1 »

The story is very interesting, it is written in simple English, easy to be understood and has a blend of everyday life activities.
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

Great review. Always been a fan of fantasy. Seems like an interesting book for sure.
bazolo
Currently Reading: Relentless Alien Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bazolo.html
Latest Review: "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch

Post by bazolo »

Great review, the book is really interesting. Piper is like many of the teenagers who struggle to copy with the roughly World life. It's wonderful that piper has great friends on her side. The book is good to read and grow
Latest Review: "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

This book sounds very strange. I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea or not. I guess I'll decide after I read the sample. A girl with special abilities is quite interesting though.
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

This review makes this books sound much more interesting then the sample does. In the sample I failed to see how the prolog would tie into the first chapter, but the review made it sound like it would all tie together well enough by the end of the book.
R-g-R
Currently Reading: The Picketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-g-r.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by R-g-R »

The first few chapters provide an excellent start to Prophase: A Present Tale resulting in great enjoyment and keen interest to keep reading.

I do love a seemingly left-field prologue that is completely different to Chapter One, while I am also appreciative of intriguing introductions to chapters or sections that add extra layers of storytelling.

We meet Piper in the midst of her extremely difficult life, eliciting positive feelings from the reader, so I am very pleased that the review reveals her later discoveries of her own power and role in bringing about or ushering in positive change...later, or eventually.

I need to read to the end so I know more! :D
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

Piper has lived her life as an ordinary girl struggling to keep level with circumstances coming her way. Then an elderly neighbor disclosed her other identity and opened an alternate world of wonder, magic, and experiences. This fantasy world is just right down my alley. Thank you for your comprehensive review, I have no more second thoughts about reading this book.
Uinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uinto.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Uinto »

I like the character of Piper right from bringing up her brother to embracing the changes that are coming to her. Thanks for the review.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like the character of Piper. She is not afraid to confront life while at the same time embracing the changes that come about. Nice review.
dauntlesswitch
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauntlesswitch.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David
Reading Device: B01M9IIPZ8

Post by dauntlesswitch »

I'm a big fan of fantasy novels and I can't say I wasn't intrigued by this! I also think that her personal life would be relatable to adulting teenagers. Great review!
The music fills me up, quieting all the extra noises in my life, making my heart swell larger and larger until there’s nothing left of me but ears and a soul.
— Erin Watt
Latest Review: "The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

I've read the sample and am hooked. I love stories like this that have a mystery to solve as well as just being fun. Piper has to find out who she is. Little does she know she is more than just an eighteen year old girl.
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

To be a mother is not easy, and when circumstances force it on you, its all the more difficult; then when you're underaged - a world of difficulty. Piper Walker having to raise her kid brother herself after her moms death and without the support of a good dad must have been very tasking, I can only imagine. Good thing she had friends to lend a helping hand.
Now that part of a new world she discovered as her love for nature led her down a path of a whole new identity..oh my - I would sure love to read this book!

Return to “"Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street”