Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Discuss the November 2014 book of the month, Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street.
galactica6459
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Post by galactica6459 »

Thanks for this online book!!!! First i thought that this book would be boring but when i starting reading and continues reading i find it very interesting..

I reallllllly love the book and the story
pixiestyx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiestyx.html
Latest Review: The Blue Sea Monster by Norma Fleagane, James Fleagane, Blake James Ward
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by pixiestyx »

Sounds like a unique, interesting read. It might be something I look into. I do enjoy a good fantasy novel every now and again. Thanks for the review!
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

The book seem to have a captivating story. Though coming of age novels aren't my favourite, I will give this a try. Solid review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Tessa23Darling
Currently Reading: The Fire Within
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessa23darling.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Tessa23Darling »

Not the book for me but a teen might enjoy it a lot. From the short sample snippet it seemed very full of emotion and more realistic than fantasy.
soumswriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soumswriter.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by soumswriter »

Piper's transformation from a normal teenager with problems into a girl with superpowers is interesting. The reviewer only mentioned the existence of magical beings in the novel. I wonder what these beings are. Thank you for the review.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

It sounds like this coming-of-age novel can entertain many readers. I like to read it too. Thanks for the review.
Septimba
Currently Reading: Prophase

Post by Septimba »

I like this book..I literally went back to my first high school love and could have cried reading how broken her heart was and how uninterested in it my mom was same as her father...it was devestating..but reading Pipers story made me realize I wasn't the only broken hearted girl in that school..something I never thought about before..that was a long time ago ...this put a smile on my face ..I'm buying the book
Ayobami04

Post by Ayobami04 »

It sounds interesting prophase looks like it's gonna be an interesting book Great review i can't wait to have mine
read+er
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read-er.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by read+er »

I would read this book. Piper is a character who is easy to relate to. I like this genre so I would like to read this book.
FDKangwamu
Currently Reading: How To Talk With Spirits: Séances • Mediums • Ghost Hunts
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fdkangwamu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by FDKangwamu »

I thought I'd outgrown such fantasy novels but boy was I in for a surprise!
After reading the free sample on Amazon and this incredible review, I was immediately intrigued to find out how the book plays out. As mentioned in the review, detailed descriptions were indeed lacking in some places but overall, I think this is a great book and it'd make a wonderful read for the appropriate audiences.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

This sounds interesting. The way you describe it, it sounds like almost a cross between the Everworld Series and the Twilight Series. The age group targeted for this group would be teenage girls, I would assume? Although I'm sure there's plenty more people who would enjoy it as well
Olaoluwa_oso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaoluwa-oso.html
Latest Review: The Misadventures Of Jimmy Crookshank by D.R. Blair

Post by Olaoluwa_oso »

The book seems really interesting. Even though Piper's family life is not the best, am glad she had great friends at least. One reason I would definitely read the book is to know if Piper has some supernatural power. Good review.
Desitt
Currently Reading: Miguel Street
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desitt.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Desitt »

Having read Amazon's sample of Prophase: A Present Tale and this review of the book, I can easily be drawn into the author's development of characters, their emotions and the use of forewarning for the later fantasy that is to unfold. Would have this in my wish list of good reads.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

You got me with beings and magic. A coming of age plus powers always sounds awesome to me. You got my attention on this one. Congrats on BOTD.
Itaachi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itaachi.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Itaachi »

Wow! This sounds very interesting, the way you described the main character Piper and her struggles in life with daily chores, helping her younger brother, a breakup and at the end the weird powers she gains are all parts of a well cooked fantasy story. I am genuinely looking forward to read the book. The author has developed a genuinely intriguing plot which deals from common household struggle to introducing various magical beings!! I am hyped!!

Return to “"Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street”