Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Discuss the November 2014 book of the month, Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street.
Little angel
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Post by Little angel »

Prophase:A present tale by Mitchel street,
As per the sample the story seems very interesting realistic,and heart touching.
Prophase is the stage of cell division which is combined with the fantasy, where the struggle of children has shown how important the presence of mother is,How they struggle if one of a parent is missing and how they grown up struggling with no emotional support,and burden of responsibilities on little shoulders which Engulfed there childhood and joy.

The story Prophase ; revolves round the Piper who became a mother of her brother Charlie,her Dad who is alcoholics who doesn’t give any emotional support who has drown in to his sadness,a kind neighbour Esther who lives alone who supported Piper’s family helped them while her mother struggling with cancer and look after the children’s ,Jazz a very important character of this story it is a pet of neighbour Esther but it is the one whom Piper shares her feeling and very much attached to it, Chris- a Piper’s boy friend who dumped her, and group of friends Lisa -best friend of Pipes,Josh Chris friend.

The Piper who is a responsible teenager girl who look after her brother and manages his fathers anger and struggles to keeps herself strong to support her family even being dumped by her boyfriend,And tried to continue her life normal even knowing that her father doesn’t care about her feelings and emotions what she is going through, seems she had some superpowers which saved her from an accident which she obtained .

Very nice story and it connects to the common people and their struggles.

Congratulations to the author ...
Paula Sabol
Currently Reading: Lover Arisen
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paula-sabol.html
Latest Review: The Scent of Distant Worlds by W. D. County

Post by Paula Sabol »

The review sounds very interesting. I'm curious to find out what Piper is...after reading the review and sample I know she lives nature and music and sees auras so I'm guessing a fairy or shifter of some kind. I will probably give this a read when I get a chance!
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

It was a hard time for Piper. I feel for her. Thanks for the review.
Novin Aliyah
Currently Reading: The Shade of Highfall
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Novin Aliyah »

Piper's fantasy world when she was 18 years old became the topic of this novel. Starting from the accident he experienced with Lisa and Josh. The book is interesting, I want to read it, it is also well-reviewed. Good luck with the BOTD.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

I am already interested in the plot of this story. I want to know what is the reality of piper.
Thank you for the review
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

I am actually hooked by the title of this book and would be reading it soon. Want to know more about this fantasy novel. Thanks for such a detailed review.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

Piper's life seems to be a roller-coaster ride. I am fond of fantasy novels so I hope this book will keep me glued till the end of it. I am keen to know about Piper's powers. Thanks for the review. Congrats on the BOTD!
Mary Rose Cajayon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-rose-cajayon.html
Latest Review: 17 Laws of Nature by Maurice Huff

Post by Mary Rose Cajayon »

I couldn't' t imagine a life that Piper lived. At her very young age, she had to take care of her younger brother upon losing her mother from cancer. I wonder who is Ester and what is her role in Piper' s life. I agree with the review in the aspect of introducing characters. The author must give a well- detailed background for each of them to make the readers understand their behaviors and tendencies.Congrats BOTD!
Mary Rose Cajayon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-rose-cajayon.html
Latest Review: 17 Laws of Nature by Maurice Huff

Post by Mary Rose Cajayon »

I couldn't' t imagine a life that Piper lived. At her very young age, she had to take care of her younger brother upon losing her mother from cancer. I wonder who is Ester and what is her role in Piper' s life. I agree with the review in the aspect of introducing characters. The author must give a well- detailed background for each of them to make the readers understand their behaviors and tendencies.Congrats BOTD!
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Excellent review!! This is a definate read for me. Seems as those there are many different subjects with several great characters it seems. Excited to start this ....
Felix machoka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Felix machoka »

This is such a nice book it teaches about the lessons in life that it doesn't matter where you come. Dont allow your background to create a negative mentality just Focus. Cant wait to read the full book.
Lynda Howard
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lynda-howard.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Lynda Howard »

I like the fact that this easy to read fantasy novel contains an interesting and imaginative world full of different types of beings and magic, and a well-developed main character that the reader can fall in love with. Thanks for the review!
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Wow, this review is really well done and some of the comments of those who have read it are also very interesting and helpful as well.
I was very drawn into the story as I read the sample pages. Great story!!!
Sarah ibrahim 3
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Sarah ibrahim 3 »

Wow😍the review is so exciting and summarize all parts of the story I loved it and it’s method👏🏻 ..
It sounds so interesting!! The story is suitable for all ages and the actions are so good I felt sorry for piper firstly then I was so proud of her
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

The storyline of this book is no new thing but your review made me see the book and it's storyline in a different light.
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:

Return to “"Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street”